Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Compressed air

• 18-07-2009 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

The inside of my machine is fairly dusty and I think it's causing my fan to have a harder time than normal. I thought I could pick up a compressed air can at PC World but the chimp behind the desk had never heard of such a thing and I couldn't find any on the shelves. I tried Argos, Currys, even B&Q all to no avail. Where on earth would I get a can of compressed air; failing that any other safe way to dust the inside of a PC?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I've seen cans of compressed air in Tesco, next to the blank CDs etc.

Nothing wrong with taking a hoover to the inside of the case either, so long as you don't touch anything important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

snappieT wrote: »
    so long as you don't touch anything important.

Yeah, that's the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭francosp

corblimey wrote: »
    The inside of my machine is fairly dusty and I think it's causing my fan to have a harder time than normal. I thought I could pick up a compressed air can at PC World but the chimp behind the desk had never heard of such a thing and I couldn't find any on the shelves. I tried Argos, Currys, even B&Q all to no avail. Where on earth would I get a can of compressed air; failing that any other safe way to dust the inside of a PC?

IT Direct on Parliament St. sell compressed air. I bought a can for my PS3 a few weeks back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Also available in Maplins, Blanchardstown or Jervis Street. Also called an "Air Duster".

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭tommytee

corblimey wrote: »
    I thought I could pick up a compressed air can at PC World but the chimp behind the desk had never heard of such a thing

doesnt surprise me in the slightest, they are pretty useless (from my experience), pc world is there to cater for the complete technophobe,

you ask them soemthing like , do you sell controller cards and they look at you like you have 2 freakin heads, then they mutter somehting like 'ah yes remote control, no sorry try Dixons' :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

If your in town you can use mine. Have an office in D2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Guys, this thread is nearly a year old... I'd say he's sorted it by now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,237 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

snappieT wrote: »
    Guys, this thread is nearly a year old... I'd say he's sorted it by now!
    Nuh Uh! Its been a year that means its that time again to get dusting ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's a good job the chimp in PC World didn't know about it because it's damned expensive in there. I went in to buy some and they wanted over €20 for a can of it. Went over to Maplin and they wanted something like €16. Bought 4 cans on ebuyer for £6 a pop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,237 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You could always find sompleace that sells it wholesale.

• Advertisement
Advertisement