Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

about getting my hair fixed

• 18-07-2009 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭

Longish explanation of this...sorry.

I have light brown hair, in January I dyed it some dark colour, can't remember exactly. It was meant to fade out, did, but not so well. So it's grown out about two inches. Went to Bellissimo academy to get an overall blonde colour, finally have some money to get my hair done, and wanted to try blonde.

Went in, they asked what I wanted. I said an overall blonde colour, maybe with some different shades and tones down through it. showed a picture and all. The girl (only a student) got her supervisor, to ask if she could do it. Supervisor said because the colour that's in it hasn't faded, if they put in an overall colour it might turn a little orange where it met the other colour. So she said something about putting in some colour on the top layer, like a Tbar but not as much. didn't ask me what shade i even wanted for this.just picked two random blonde shades herself. Wasn't really sure what was going on. She said they'd try this to see if it reacted with the colour in my hair already. if it did, i'd come back and have it stripped out, if not I could come back and have it all done properly. I said ok, because I asked twice what exactly was going to be done, and couldn't understand why this was it, and because I was under the impression it wouldn't cost me much, since it was just a little tester colouring, not actually something someone would get done. Got my hair cut also. Total was 50euros. While I was in there they were all saying how it looked fine, you could barely see where the blonde and old colour meet. And you couldn't. In there.

So that was a week ago. I am not happy with it. I didn't want to go back there, as I'm not sure I trust their judgement. So I got a quote from peter marks, she said I have two options.
    1) get highlights all over, and the colour difference will hardly be noticeable (she said that what they did wouldn't have worked to show the difference anyway)
    2) get all this: Cleanse, Pre colour, colour, highlights, treatment, cut and blowdry. Quote is 120euros.

Yer one in peter marks told me this cleanse rinses out all unnatural colour and that they should've done this in bellissimo first, then done my blonde.She couldn't understand why they didn't.

Now what I'm saying is I went to the academy first so it wouldn't cost hundreds, and now to get it done properly, after paying 50euros, I've to pay 120 to get it fixed.

The difference in my hair is quite noticeable, and when my roots start growing out, i'll actually have three different colours through my hair so i can't leave it like this. So what I'm thinking now is i'll go back to Bellissimo. and ask them to fix it. Yer one never told me it was an option to cleanse the colour out of my hair and get the blonde in then. So I feel this was a way of getting more money out of me.

I need some advice on what to say to them, how to go about it. and just generally if ye all think I'm right or not.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

hmmm, maybe my posts are really boring, and that's why no one bothers answering? I genuinely need someones advice. I need some sort of confidence to go back in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

if I can get this correct:

you went into a place they told you because your hair has colour in it that if they try to make you a blonde theres a risk of the colours reacting...

you gave the go ahead anyway and after a week you decided that you dont like it and want to goto another place to get it done again ?

am I correct ? or are you asking for people's advice on something ?

I have a sister who is a stylist and understand that mixing colours can often result in what is believed to be a bad hair job - unfortunately - on this occasion, I have very little sympathy for you.

why didnt you wait until the dark hair colour in your hair had washed out ...or if you had dark hair - you could have just gotten some highlights.

PS. €50 is reasonably normal for a womans hair .... €120 fairly normal for longer hair, I know some girls/women who have paid around the same amount for a wash cut blowdry and style.

PCPhoto wrote: »
    if I can get this correct:

you went into a place they told you because your hair has colour in it that if they try to make you a blonde theres a risk of the colours reacting...

you gave the go ahead anyway and after a week you decided that you dont like it and want to goto another place to get it done again ?

am I correct ? or are you asking for people's advice on something ?

why didnt you wait until the dark hair colour in your hair had washed out ...or if you had dark hair - you could have just gotten some highlights.

No, that's not it. I wanted an overall colour and she said to test my hair she'd put it a bit of colour on top and this was meant to show up a possible colour change. She gave me highlights which is not what i wanted.

What she didn't tell me was i could've gotten my hair stripped, and the colour could've been done on that day. Which would've cost whatever it would've cost, and i would've paid no problem. But she didn't tell me that was an option. Instead she went arseways about it, meaning they've charged me 50 first time, knowing I'd have to come back to get it undone, and done properly. That is what I'm complaining about.

I'm asking for advice on what to say to them.Cos I'm not looking to piss anyone off. I just want them to do it properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'm pretty sure you can't get your hair colour stripped and re-coloured on the same day. It's extremely dangerous - your hair could break off or fall out.

You wouldn't get your hair permed and coloured on the same day - and colour stripping is harsher on the hair than a perm!

I wouldn't trust Peter Mark. They haven't a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Agree with above - I wouldn't trust Peter Marks either. I don't know anything about that Bellisimo place though.

It's possible the first place didn't suggest stripping the colour from your hair because it absolutely destroys your hair, it's so bad for it that a lot of good salons won't do it (except of course Peter Marks :rolleyes:)

I don't think it's a good idea - or even possible - to go straight from a dark colour to blonde anyways. You'll probably end up having to go gradually lighter every couple of months to get it done right. So it'll end up being pretty expensive in the long run.

• Advertisement

eth0_ wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can't get your hair colour stripped and re-coloured on the same day. It's extremely dangerous - your hair could break off or fall out.

You wouldn't get your hair permed and coloured on the same day - and colour stripping is harsher on the hair than a perm!

I wouldn't trust Peter Mark. They haven't a clue.

Ok,thanks for letting me know.maybe they didn't mean to get it all done at the same time....?
    Agree with above - I wouldn't trust Peter Marks either. I don't know anything about that Bellisimo place though.

It's possible the first place didn't suggest stripping the colour from your hair because it absolutely destroys your hair, it's so bad for it that a lot of good salons won't do it (except of course Peter Marks :rolleyes:)

I don't think it's a good idea - or even possible - to go straight from a dark colour to blonde anyways. You'll probably end up having to go gradually lighter every couple of months to get it done right. So it'll end up being pretty expensive in the long run.

well Bellissimo said that if the highlights didn't work out well they'd strip them out. and my hair is quite a light brown, so maybe going to blonde wouldn't be that hard. the blonde highlights sit well enough on the brown i think.

Well so now what should I do?

Thanks for the replies by the way

My hair is brown naturally, I had it dyed really dark brown for a few months (a DIY job!) and then I wanted to get it dyed sort of auburn in the hairdressers. The guy I go to wasn't sure if it would come out well, so he cut off a bit of my hair from underneath at the back and dyed that on its own. It didn't take to it at all, so at least I saved the money of getting the whole lot done when it wasn't going to work out. Maybe you could ask your hairdresser to do the same, if you hair is long enough that it wouldn't be noticeable? He didn't charge me for that by the way!

My hair is brown naturally, I had it dyed really dark brown for a few months (a DIY job!) and then I wanted to get it dyed sort of auburn in the hairdressers. The guy I go to wasn't sure if it would come out well, so he cut off a bit of my hair from underneath at the back and dyed that on its own. It didn't take to it at all, so at least I saved the money of getting the whole lot done when it wasn't going to work out. Maybe you could ask your hairdresser to do the same, if you hair is long enough that it wouldn't be noticeable? He didn't charge me for that by the way!

Oh my god why didn't they do that!? this is what i'm saying, they really screwed me over... what should i say to them?

Well, at the moment, it's dyed dark all over, with blonde highlights on the top layer that didn't come out right - am I correct?!

Well, at the moment, it's dyed dark all over, with blonde highlights on the top layer that didn't come out right - am I correct?!

well it was my natural light brown colour from the parting down til about two inches, then slightly darker brown after that. then they put in blonde highlights from the parting, which is mostly only seen for the first two inches, but can kind of be seen in parts through one side. didn't come out as much on the other side. cos she didn't do it even the whole way round.

• Advertisement

Well I'm certainly no expert - far from it! - but I know that it's a lot harder to go blonde than to dye your hair other colours.

I'd agree with what Peter Marks told you as regards your two options.

If you go with the first option, considering the colours you have in already, I've a feeling it might look a bit uneven to begin with, but as you get more highlights put in every couple of months or whatever, it'll gradually sort itself out.

The colour would probably turn out better with the second option - however the condition of your hair could really deteriorate with stripping the colour - your hair might become very dry and frizzy and prone to split ends. So even if the colour turns out perfectly, your hair still won't look great.

If you really have your heart set on going blonde, I'd go with the first option - although I wouldn't necessarily get Peter Marks to do it for you. But it might turn out better if you try dying it back to your natural colour, then gradually go lighter every couple of months with highlights.

The best thing you can do is go around a few different hairdressers and get their opinions. And get them to cut off a sample of your hair and dye it too to see how it'll turn out.

Good luck with it!

Well I'm certainly no expert - far from it! - but I know that it's a lot harder to go blonde than to dye your hair other colours.

I'd agree with what Peter Marks told you as regards your two options.

If you go with the first option, considering the colours you have in already, I've a feeling it might look a bit uneven to begin with, but as you get more highlights put in every couple of months or whatever, it'll gradually sort itself out.

The colour would probably turn out better with the second option - however the condition of your hair could really deteriorate with stripping the colour - your hair might become very dry and frizzy and prone to split ends. So even if the colour turns out perfectly, your hair still won't look great.

If you really have your heart set on going blonde, I'd go with the first option - although I wouldn't necessarily get Peter Marks to do it for you. But it might turn out better if you try dying it back to your natural colour, then gradually go lighter every couple of months with highlights.

The best thing you can do is go around a few different hairdressers and get their opinions. And get them to cut off a sample of your hair and dye it too to see how it'll turn out.

Good luck with it!

I really just didn't want to have to spend this much money on it.i can't really afford it.

As my hair is now like three different colours i have to sort it.(i've just taken a picture to see if you could see the difference) I'll never be able to get a job looking like this. and now it's going to cost minimum 80 euros to get it fixed.

Would getting it stripped and coloured really do that much harm?

Thanks for that.Watched them. Did a search for similar products. Came up with Loreal Colour Zap. But seems all these are only in the US and UK. Happen to know anywhere in Ireland that does these types of products?

You'd only get them in hair salon supply stores, which won't sell to members of the public.

Try ebay maybe?

Ya I looked up these. can't find much on ebay. plus it's been made out to be bad for your hair.plus not guaranteed to work. i really don't know what to do.

Leave my hair like this, and look like a fool, or get it done, and be broke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I think Terrisales on Middle Abbey Street sell hairdressing products to the public.

I think Terrisales on Middle Abbey Street sell hairdressing products to the public.

ok thanks.just looked at their website there. doesn't look like they sell online. and i'm in limerick.... so anymore ideas?

They don't.

hmmm. ok so any more ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

Don't f*cking strip your hair yourself!!

To the OP, they really should have done a strand test, if you didn't want highlights you should have said so.

A cleanse for your hair shouldn't be damaging if they do it correctly.

If you don't want to go down that route, the best thing to do would to be go with high lights and build it up. You could ask them to put a low light in the same colour as the darker hair so that it doesn't look as if your roots are blonde but the ends are dark.

You should really go back to the salon and tell them you aren't happy.

YT wrote: »
    Don't f*cking strip your hair yourself!!

To the OP, they really should have done a strand test, if you didn't want highlights you should have said so.

A cleanse for your hair shouldn't be damaging if they do it correctly.

If you don't want to go down that route, the best thing to do would to be go with high lights and build it up. You could ask them to put a low light in the same colour as the darker hair so that it doesn't look as if your roots are blonde but the ends are dark.

You should really go back to the salon and tell them you aren't happy.

They didn't do a strand test. I didn't know what they were saying they'd do.They didn't say anything about highlights,they just said some blonde colour...and since i asked for a colour i assumed it was that.

Are you sure a cleanse won't damage my hair?? I suppose the highlights and lowlights idea sounds ok... Just not what I wanted, but don't suppose I'll get that now...

I do want to go back and say i'm not happy. but i just don't want to piss them off, and thing is i don't know what i'm talking about with this stuff so i'm afraid of not getting what I want again....

They didn't do a strand test. I didn't know what they were saying they'd do.They didn't say anything about highlights,they just said some blonde colour...and since i asked for a colour i assumed it was that.

Are you sure a cleanse won't damage my hair?? I suppose the highlights and lowlights idea sounds ok... Just not what I wanted, but don't suppose I'll get that now...

I do want to go back and say i'm not happy. but i just don't want to piss them off, and thing is i don't know what i'm talking about with this stuff so i'm afraid of not getting what I want again....

If a cleanse is done properly it won't damage your hair, it's really complicated to explain how it works. But if you are worried about it go with the highlights.

What was it you wanted? An all over blonde?

Don't worry about pissing them off, they need to learn. I would hate it if someone didn't like what I had done to their hair but didn't say it to me.

They should have explained to you properly and made sure you understood before they went ahead.

If a cleanse is done properly it won't damage your hair, it's really complicated to explain how it works. But if you are worried about it go with the highlights.

What was it you wanted? An all over blonde?

Don't worry about pissing them off, they need to learn. I would hate it if someone didn't like what I had done to their hair but didn't say it to me.

They should have explained to you properly and made sure you understood before they went ahead.

Ya i wanted an overall blonde, maybe with some highlights running through the ends. Showed a picture and all... would that really be that hard to understand?

Thanks for your advice. I feel a little better about going back into them. still afraid they'll mess it up again

Maybe they just don't offer colour stripping?
    I remember a few years ago I wanted to get the black colour out of my hair and I tried several salons in Dublin and none would offer the service.

Ya i wanted an overall blonde, maybe with some highlights running through the ends. Showed a picture and all... would that really be that hard to understand?

Thanks for your advice. I feel a little better about going back into them. still afraid they'll mess it up again

Ok. Maybe they were starting with highlights aiming for all over colour eventually.
    You can't just go from brown to blonde like that. If they applied an all over colour a lot of toning would be involved and even then you might not achieve the colour you wanted. They would more than likely have had to cleanse the hair, cleansing works by using a mixture of bleach powder, shampoo and water to gently start removing the previous layers of colour. Then using a mix of bleach powder, shampoo and the lowest level of peroxide and so on until you achieve the lift that you want. You can't just go in with the highest level of peroxide as it will burst into the cortex of the hair and damage it. After they have achieved the level of lift that they want, they would apply the blonde colour and use toners.

That is how I would have lightened someones hair from brown to blonde. Either that or highlights and lowlights, I think that is the best way for you to go. Eventually when your hair has reached an overall blonde look, you can start getting a blonde tint on your roots and highlights, that would be the least damaging way.

You probably need a full head of highlights though, not just a t-bar. I understand you are a bit wary of going back to them, even if you don't want them to do your hair let them know you are unhappy.

Maybe they just don't offer colour stripping?
    I remember a few years ago I wanted to get the black colour out of my hair and I tried several salons in Dublin and none would offer the service.

It's tricky and takes a lot of time, some places just don't want the hassle of it. I actually quite liked doing cleanses, something satisfying about getting it right!

Ok. Maybe they were starting with highlights aiming for all over colour eventually.
    You can't just go from brown to blonde like that. If they applied an all over colour a lot of toning would be involved and even then you might not achieve the colour you wanted. They would more than likely have had to cleanse the hair, cleansing works by using a mixture of bleach powder, shampoo and water to gently start removing the previous layers of colour. Then using a mix of bleach powder, shampoo and the lowest level of peroxide and so on until you achieve the lift that you want. You can't just go in with the highest level of peroxide as it will burst into the cortex of the hair and damage it. After they have achieved the level of lift that they want, they would apply the blonde colour and use toners.

That is how I would have lightened someones hair from brown to blonde. Either that or highlights and lowlights, I think that is the best way for you to go. Eventually when your hair has reached an overall blonde look, you can start getting a blonde tint on your roots and highlights, that would be the least damaging way.

You probably need a full head of highlights though, not just a t-bar. I understand you are a bit wary of going back to them, even if you don't want them to do your hair let them know you are unhappy.

It's tricky and takes a lot of time, some places just don't want the hassle of it. I actually quite liked doing cleanses, something satisfying about getting it right!

My hair is actually really light brown, kinda almost blondish. so that's why i didn't think it'd be that hard.

And...... is it not that often a hairdresser can get a cleanse right????

My hair is actually really light brown, kinda almost blondish. so that's why i didn't think it'd be that hard.

And...... is it not that often a hairdresser can get a cleanse right????

I know but if you already have colour at the ends of your hair that's where it gets difficult, your roots might take very well, but the build up of colour at the mid lengths to ends would be harder to break through.

If they do it properly it's not that hard to get it right. It just takes a lot of time.

I know but if you already have colour at the ends of your hair that's where it gets difficult, your roots might take very well, but the build up of colour at the mid lengths to ends would be harder to break through.

If they do it properly it's not that hard to get it right. It just takes a lot of time.

Ya sorry, i get ya now. and does your hair turn orange-ish after it's done? Can you get a blonde in it on the same day or do you have to wait a week?

• Advertisement

Ya sorry, i get ya now. and does your hair turn orange-ish after it's done? Can you get a blonde in it on the same day or do you have to wait a week?

It could do because of the undertones (ahh the dreaded undertones!! I hated having to learn them!) but that is usually either toned or coloured to match your roots. No they will do the colour there and then for you.

It could do because of the undertones (ahh the dreaded undertones!! I hated having to learn them!) but that is usually either toned or coloured to match your roots. No they will do the colour there and then for you.

sorry now....but if i get it cleansed. and want to get an over all blonde...does that mean that if they put in an overall blonde it wont turn out all the one colour, because of the stripping...? And they'd have to colour the rest with tones to match the rest of the blonde colour?

sorry now....but if i get it cleansed. and want to get an over all blonde...does that mean that if they put in an overall blonde it wont turn out all the one colour, because of the stripping...? And they'd have to colour the rest with tones to match the rest of the blonde colour?

See your ends will be a different colour than your roots, in fact there could be different bands of colour depending on the amount of colour you already had in it. So yes they will use toners to match it up to the root colour.
    Do you get me or am I making a balls of it? :)

See your ends will be a different colour than your roots, in fact there could be different bands of colour depending on the amount of colour you already had in it. So yes they will use toners to match it up to the root colour.
    Do you get me or am I making a balls of it? :)

:) no i do get ya.... but would it turn out pretty alright with it done like that?? and if i'm not happy to go back to belissimo is there a certain salon you'd recommend. someone said not peter marks... i've always gone there. my sister told me to never go to tony and guy.... any suggestions?

:) no i do get ya.... but would it turn out pretty alright with it done like that?? and if i'm not happy to go back to belissimo is there a certain salon you'd recommend. someone said not peter marks... i've always gone there. my sister told me to never go to tony and guy.... any suggestions?

Yep it would turn out fine :)
    There is two salons Whetstone hairdressing they use Aveda which would be much gentler on your hair or I'm not sure if they take walk in appointments but the Wella Academy are brilliant too, the people who work there are already qualified and are doing special degrees in colouring.

Yep it would turn out fine :)
    There is two salons Whetstone hairdressing they use Aveda which would be much gentler on your hair or I'm not sure if they take walk in appointments but the Wella Academy are brilliant too, the people who work there are already qualified and are doing special degrees in colouring.

hmmm...i've tried to look up these...is there a Wella academy in limerick do you know? Whetstone are only in Dublin.

• Advertisement

hmmm...i've tried to look up these...is there a Wella academy in limerick do you know? Whetstone are only in Dublin.

Oh sorry I didn't realise you where in limerick. God I wouldn't know any where down there Sorry.

I think the Wella academy is only in Dublin.

Is there anywhere in limerick that uses Aveda?

Oh sorry I didn't realise you where in limerick. God I wouldn't know any where down there Sorry.

I think the Wella academy is only in Dublin.

Is there anywhere in limerick that uses Aveda?

I have no idea. just did a search there.what exactly is that? I could maybe have a look around town and see does anyone have that advertised..?

I have no idea. just did a search there.what exactly is that? I could maybe have a look around town and see does anyone have that advertised..?

I checked the Aveda website the nearest place would be Cork!!

Sorry, hopefully someone will be able to help you with a salon.

I checked the Aveda website the nearest place would be Cork!!

Sorry, hopefully someone will be able to help you with a salon.

Ok, thanks so much for your help anyway.

Ok, thanks so much for your help anyway.

No problem.

Let us know how you get on!

• Advertisement

No problem.

Let us know how you get on!

Just went back in to Belissimo. Basically yer one told me I got what I asked for. I'm so pissed off. Now she's telling me my ONLY options are to leave it the way it is, (which is three different colours , soon to be four), or to dye it to the brown colour thats at the end of my hair which is kind of the colour I dyed it to in January. So i'll be back where I started. No mention of stripping it. Said she wouldn't do it.

Just went back in to Belissimo. Basically yer one told me I got what I asked for. I'm so pissed off. Now she's telling me my ONLY options are to leave it the way it is, (which is three different colours , soon to be four), or to dye it to the brown colour thats at the end of my hair which is kind of the colour I dyed it to in January. So i'll be back where I started. No mention of stripping it. Said she wouldn't do it.

That's appalling.
    Go somewhere else so. I know it's not fair that you have to pay for their mistake, I would write a letter to the manager and tell them you are thoroughly unhappy and you won't be going back or would not recommend them to anyone.
    Sorry to hear that now.

That's appalling.
    Go somewhere else so. I know it's not fair that you have to pay for their mistake, I would write a letter to the manager and tell them you are thoroughly unhappy and you won't be going back or would not recommend them to anyone.
    Sorry to hear that now.

Well i was half thinking of ringing to complain about it, basically cos i want it fixed. but i'm a bit worn out from it all now. she's saying she wouldn't even put in highlights now...like I was saying yer one in Peter Marks said. She said they'd turn orange.

So now I don't know what to do. I don't know if I'm right or wrong to be complaining about it. but if my only option with this going wrong was to dye it back to the original dye colour, and if i'd known they'd charge me a load for it, then i would've said no in the first place. paying 100 to get what I went in with.....!

I am kinda thinking about going in to a few different hairdressers around town and asking them what they could do. But who the feck can I trust now?! PM's are saying they'd strip my hair, and colour it. and belissimo are saying they wouldn't do that cos it'd be terrible for my hair.So i don't know what the best thing to do is. and who to trust.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

Well i was half thinking of ringing to complain about it, basically cos i want it fixed. but i'm a bit worn out from it all now. she's saying she wouldn't even put in highlights now...like I was saying yer one in Peter Marks said. She said they'd turn orange.

So now I don't know what to do. I don't know if I'm right or wrong to be complaining about it. but if my only option with this going wrong was to dye it back to the original dye colour, and if i'd known they'd charge me a load for it, then i would've said no in the first place. paying 100 to get what I went in with.....!

I am kinda thinking about going in to a few different hairdressers around town and asking them what they could do. But who the feck can I trust now?! PM's are saying they'd strip my hair, and colour it. and belissimo are saying they wouldn't do that cos it'd be terrible for my hair.So i don't know what the best thing to do is. and who to trust.:confused:

Well it sounds like neither salon know exactly how it will turn out and are afraid to make any promises to you. thats the crappy thing around going from dark dyed hair to lighter blonder shades. Its really tricky and as they don't know what colour was used etc noone is sure of the end results and they don't want you saying that they are bad hairdressers if it turns out not so well which is why i think the academie said they'll try this out see what happens and you agreed hence they're not really in the wrong altho they didnt do a colour test which they should have

If you do decide to go back do it as soon as possible, as you turning up 2 weeks later demanding to redo the job will look like your tryin to con them out of money and that you actually liked the colour but now roots grew out a bit and you want a free job done.

Well it sounds like neither salon know exactly how it will turn out and are afraid to make any promises to you. thats the crappy thing around going from dark dyed hair to lighter blonder shades. Its really tricky and as they don't know what colour was used etc noone is sure of the end results and they don't want you saying that they are bad hairdressers if it turns out not so well which is why i think the academie said they'll try this out see what happens and you agreed hence they're not really in the wrong altho they didnt do a colour test which they should have

If you do decide to go back do it as soon as possible, as you turning up 2 weeks later demanding to redo the job will look like your tryin to con them out of money and that you actually liked the colour but now roots grew out a bit and you want a free job done.

Well as i said above, I went back in today. I don't care what it looks like, they did mess it up. But ya good point anyway.

Trying to get advice from hairdressers around town now. Went to one, seem really nice, and helpful. Will probably go there to get it fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

Well as i said above, I went back in today. I don't care what it looks like, they did mess it up. But ya good point anyway.

Trying to get advice from hairdressers around town now. Went to one, seem really nice, and helpful. Will probably go there to get it fixed.

oh ye sorry just saw that post. ah thats pretty bad of them...they are an academy after all - they're supposed to be able to do anything with hair, if they can't then how can they teach it - celebrities get their hair colour changed all the time after all - i hate when people tell you something can't be done

oh ye sorry just saw that post. ah thats pretty bad of them...they are an academy after all - they're supposed to be able to do anything with hair, if they can't then how can they teach it - celebrities get their hair colour changed all the time after all - i hate when people tell you something can't be done

ya i know.but i don't even really know how to explain what happened. she told me they'd take out the colour, but now they're saying they won't. I went to another place and she said what they should've done is colour up my roots with the colour that was through the rest of my hair, and then tried to highlight it or something. she said it was never going to work the way they were trying it.

Ok, went to another salon, got a full head of highlights. not so sure about it yet.not quite blonde enough. but now what i'm wondering is have a been fleeced? Been looking up prices around a few sites for a full head and blowdry, and they range a lot, but I seem to have paid way too much.... €105! Is this too much for a small limerick city hairdressers...?

Advertisement