Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from AH for Pointing Out Homophobia

Options
  • 18-07-2009 5:51pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been banned from the After Hours forum for allegedly posting "personal abuse" whereas I only simply pointed out that another poster was being grossly homophobic and bigoted.

I don't consider a rebuttal to rank homophobia to be personal abuse and indeed I think there might be a bias against gays by the moderator(s) in AH which frankly is disgusting and wrong.

What makes me very angry is that I myself am a moderator on Gaire, and I know the difference between abusive posting on message boards and pointing out bigotry by other posters.:(

Has anyone else here been banned from AH for the same reason? Is there a procedure to make a complaint to boards.ie about the moderating policy on After Hours?

I think it's not just unfair but unacceptable.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I have been banned from the After Hours forum for allegedly posting "personal abuse" whereas I only simply pointed out that another poster was being grossly homophobic and bigoted.

I don't consider a rebuttal to rank homophobia to be personal abuse and indeed I think there might be a bias against gays by the moderator(s) in AH which frankly is disgusting and wrong.

What makes me very angry is that I myself am a moderator on Gaire, and I know the difference between abusive posting on message boards and pointing out bigotry by other posters.:(

Has anyone else here been banned from AH for the same reason? Is there a procedure to make a complaint to boards.ie about the moderating policy on After Hours?

I think it's not just unfair but unacceptable.:mad:
    1) If you have a problem with a post, you are meant to report it, not respond to it on whatever thread. this is a forum wide rule. pointing it out on thread is back-seat modding, and is frowned upon, as it won't solve a problem, only drag the subject off-topic.
    2) This thread belongs in Feedback, not in this forum. I suggest you ask for it to be moved there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Your right it is a bit ridiculous...sure i didn't even complain you bigot ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

JupiterKid wrote: »

:rolleyes: That is a ridiculous and unfounded statement to make.
    You get banned, therefore the mod who banned you is obviously homophobic? That is bull**** of the highest order.

I have never seen any homophobia from any of the AH mods. I read that thread: you personally abused another poster and you got punished for it. Simple as that. Homophobia has absolutely nothing to do with it.
    I presume you failed to notice that another user was banned for making homophoic remarks?

Oh and +1 to what zuroph said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I remember there being a similar thread on queerid over the same moderator's handling of the issue. Here is the thread in feedback. I suggest you use the same mechanism.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055488788

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Go tell it to the Help Desk

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement