Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term gym membership

• 18-07-2009 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the gyms in Waterford have any short term membership rates? I'm not ready to fork out 500 quid in case I don't use it. Any recommendations welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Maybe try some of the pay as you go ones.. kingfisher (during certain hours) or The Waterford Crystal one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Typhoon. wrote: »
    Maybe try some of the pay as you go ones.. kingfisher (during certain hours) or The Waterford Crystal one

I didnt realise Kingfisher did pay as you go. Is it good in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

personally I dont know, but I haven't heard many good reports from the members I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

personally I dont know, but I haven't heard many good reports from the members I know

I've heard nothing but good things said about the place.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I second that, I know people who were members there and they had nothing positive to say about the place, quite the opposite and they haven't renewed their membership.

There was a thread on here last year sometime and going by those reviews wouldn't touch with a barge pole spring to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Personally I use the waterford crystal one, not the most trendy but it does the job! Rates and times can be seen at www.wcslc.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've heard nothing but good things said about the place.:confused:
    I haven't heard any bad stories about the place either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

deisemum wrote: »
    I second that, I know people who were members there and they had nothing positive to say about the place, quite the opposite and they haven't renewed their membership.

There was a thread on here last year sometime and going by those reviews wouldn't touch with a barge pole spring to mind.

Odd. Anyone I know who uses it say nothing but good about the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

hey im a member of kingfisher and i have to say its the best gym ive been to in waterford,ive been a member of two others ,i wouldnt even put them at the same level.ive got a list of of the opening times for non members,--

monday-friday 7.00am-9.00am
    2.00pm-4.00pm
    8.00pm-10.00pm

saturday-sunday 9.00am-11.00am
    2.00pm-6.00pm

adult swim = 8 euro
    gym= 10 euro

i dont know how much it would be for a short team contract though,youd be better off poppong in and asking as a tenner is quite dear,if ya go to the gym 4 times a week,ya know what i mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

I am a member of Spirit but you would be better off to pop in to see if there is any deals on offer,i do know there is a gym in the community building (i think) in ballybeg they charge something like €4 a visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

as far as i know the tower do 3 and 6 month memberships

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

SUNGOD wrote: »
    as far as i know the tower do 3 and 6 month memberships

yeah they do 3 & 6 month membership alright... €160 for 3 months... i joined recently and am very happy with it...

Equipment is not new by any stretch but it is fine and also the pool is nice... the cold water plunge pool was a big selling point to me as i'm a big fan.

I do like the kingfisher too though and they have a lot more equipment (more volume of the same machines i'd say)

Can't speak for any other gyms though

Advertisement