Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with Vista and iTunes

• 18-07-2009 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I have a HP laptop and every time I try and synch my CDs onto iTunes (v8.2.1) it causes my laptop screen to go completely black and after about a minute shut down :mad: I have Windows Vista Home Premium version 6.0 and my laptop is a 32 bit. I'm not techie minded at all but I'm afraid I'm harming my laptop every time it shuts down. Sometimes I can sync one whole album no probs but when I go onto the next - meltdown!!!

I searched online and there were problems a couple of years ago with an earlier version of iTunes and Vista but can't find a solution for iTunes v8.2.1

Please help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from laptops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Is this happening as soon as you try to rip the cd, or a few minutes after?
    Kind of sounds like it could be the laptop overheating rather than an issue with iTunes itself

Maybe try installing a temperature monitor like the one below, and see what kind of readings you get before and during the cd ripping process...
    http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 chiky

It happens mostly when I'm halfway to almost all the way through an album. My laptop is on my bed at the time so maybe that's not such a good idea.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

http://www.mediamonkey.com/ this is free and might help you find out if hardware or software is the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

chiky wrote: »
    It happens mostly when I'm halfway to almost all the way through an album. My laptop is on my bed at the time so maybe that's not such a good idea.

Maybe try using it on a hard, flat surface and see if you have the same problem...
    If you're using it on the bed you should really be making sure that the ventilation grids aren't obstructed

• Advertisement
Advertisement