Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 Repair?

• 18-07-2009 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

My N95 8gb is currently broken, the speaker and mic both need to be repaired. The housing and screen could also do with being replaced. There is no water damage to to the mic or speaker, tried the usual resets and formats but nothing so far. Where is the best place to get this work done for the cheapest? Its not my main phone anymore so I can send it away.

Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

Fonemenders repair phones on behalf of o2 so they should be at least reliable and competent at what they do ,i have no idea how they would compare to other places price wise .You should ring three different places just to guage what a reasonable cost is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

sxt wrote: »
    Fonemenders repair phones on behalf of o2 so they should be at least reliable and competent at what they do ,i have no idea how they would compare to other places price wise .You should ring three different places just to guage what a reasonable cost is

It was on meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

I am sure they could fix meteor phones too ,have a look at their website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Contact meteor first, they will send it away for you and it will be done for free once its under 24months old.

You could send it away yourself to fonemenders yourself if you wanted, or the mobile phone repair company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

theres a nokia shop in Dublin which handles repairs .... suppose there should be one in Galway (wild guess)

I think the 24month guarantee should work here - bring it to Meteor/wherever you bought it and you should get it back in a week or so (be prepared to have a standby phone to use while its getting repaired - they dont give you one....at least O2 dont anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I think the 24month guarantee should work here - bring it to Meteor/wherever you bought it and you should get it back in a week or so (be prepared to have a standby phone to use while its getting repaired - they dont give you one....at least O2 dont anyway)

Even though the OP states that it's not their main phone and could live without it for a while, to my knowledge, Meteor provide a replacement phone if you leave your phone in for repair. They do require a deposit though.

Advertisement