Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeans ~ awkward shape.

• 18-07-2009 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

I'm having alot of trouble finding jeans that fit. It's driving me mad, I haven't bought a pair that fit well in years.

Main problems:

My legs are too short for Reg. length but too long for the short length.
    My thighs are considerabley broader than my waist/hips, If my thighs fit the jeans are up to 2 inches too big on the waist/hips. {<<biggest problem}
    I also posses no ass, so every pair is baggy on the ass.

I've tried Zara, Ms Selfridges, Topshop, River, Debs, Gap, Next, Stradvarious, Berska, Mango so far with no luck. Desperately need new jeans.

Any one have a similar shape or any ideas ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I too have a problem with jeans getting caught on my thighs and being too big on my waist :mad: it's so annoying! I also have short legs but I'm not actually short in stature, so jeans for short people give me the worst muffin top possible.

I've had good luck with certain pairs of Esprit jeans- not all of them fit, it takes a bit of digging to find a style that will, but I've got two pairs (one flared, one straight leg) that fit me perfectly- maybe you could check them out? The shop in Dundrum has lots of jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

Im very picky about jeans - I generally go into Debenhams and just pick up a load that look good, and they them all on. I think its far less stressful then going into a load of shops and getting disheartened. They really do have something to fit everyone. You definately should be able find something suitable there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 ZumGirl

There is a tailors off Grafton St, I think its on South Anne St that will turn up your Jeans and they do them in a way that they re stitch the original end seam back on so that you would never know that have been adjusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Fugly

Cheers I'll try Espirit.:):)

Thanks but I've tried debs alot, I've done the going to the dressing room with 20 pairs thing {thanks to a very understanding/helpful shop assistant} with no luck.

I normally just leave it and wear my comfy oldies, but most now are too big {weight loss} or literally falling to pieces, the pair I'm wearing at the moment are worn out, with holes at the crotch, classy lady that I am. :rolleyes:lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

I'm the opposite to you - my waist's bigger than my thighs/bum so if jeans fit my waist they're hanging off my bum and thighs. At this stage I just try on any pair of jeans that look remotely good, and if they fit well (maybe once a year!) I'll buy as many pairs as I can afford and wear them until they wear out and rip! I find trousers even worse I only own 1 pair that actual fit. Damn weird shape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Have you not tried Levis? They do make all sorts of cuts and sizes but it very much depends on the shop you're in though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I have a very weird issue with skinny jeans actually - they fit everywhere, except my calves! I've never found a pair that fits me properly, so I'm probably best off sticking to straight-leg or bootcut jeans.

I get the awkward leg length thing in certain shops too *cough* A-wear *cough*. I'm about a 30-31 leg, a regular is perfect in a lot of places but certain shops put the regular as a 32 leg and their jeans end up being too long for me, while the short leg is nearly always too short. The really daft thing is that I'm not even petite, I'm 5'6"!

Advertisement