Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Insurance Single/multitrip?

• 18-07-2009 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

I'm flying into Hungary but gettin a train to Poland.....i have no idea what to so with travel insurance, (i'm going for a week) do i need to sets of travel insurance?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

poppy08 wrote: »
    I'm flying into Hungary but gettin a train to Poland.....i have no idea what to so with travel insurance, (i'm going for a week) do i need to sets of travel insurance?:confused:

get single for a week .. The multi is if you were going to hungary flying home then going on holiday again during the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Previous poster is correct, single trip covering duration will be fine.

However, I am travelling myself this weekend (Brussels and Paris) and when seeking travel insurance quotes online some asked for the destination in Specific country terms rather than 'Europe'.

Therefore make sure that your cover is for Europe and not Poland as if it is the latter then you need another policy to cover Hungary!

You should also apply for European Health Insurance Card (replaced E111) (www.EHIC.ie) it is free and lasts for 3 years.

If you submit a claim to your insurer having visited a Doctor whilst in Europe your Insurer will ask you whether you had EHIC and if not, why not (if you have EHIC Card then you get treated as a local would - i.e. €50 to visit GP) -

EHIC may be a cheaper option also in the event of a claim as there will be an excess on your travel policy. It should supplement and not replace the Travel insurance as benefits such as repatriation to Ireland etc is not covered by EHIC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Similar to this previous post, I'm wondering what the best travel insurance is best for me. I'm heading on thursday morning to South Korea (via France) and staying there for 12mths to teach English in a Institute.

Most insurance companies seem to only go for 1trip for 90days or so...can anybody help me with highlighting insurance companies that I may have missed and any that may have some sort of cover for a full year (if possible).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I used to have travel insurance... but I've basically found that between the insurance provided with my credit card, and my health insurance, 80% of the thing I would need travel insurance for are actually already covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

red_bairn wrote: »
    Similar to this previous post, I'm wondering what the best travel insurance is best for me. I'm heading on thursday morning to South Korea (via France) and staying there for 12mths to teach English in a Institute.

Most insurance companies seem to only go for 1trip for 90days or so...can anybody help me with highlighting insurance companies that I may have missed and any that may have some sort of cover for a full year (if possible).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055621927

I had the same problem last year, this thread should help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Reikipatricia

I was in Paris recently and got delayed coming back due to air strike Was insured with Multitrip but they will not cover me for the 650E it cost me to come home any advice on what I should do??

Advertisement