Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs, Grub and Music Help -please!

Options
  • 18-07-2009 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi,

im looking for some help from the Kilkenny city locals. I'm getting married there in two months and need some help on the following:

1. Does anyone know of some locals who would come to the residents bar on a Friday night (2am ish..) to maybe play some tunes for 2hours? CAnt be anything very expensive as budgets are getting tighter.

2. On the Sat night, there will be about 20 of us going for dinner and rather than formal restaurant dinner, im thinking more of a pub. Where would be best for this? Would Kytelers be any good?

3. Finally, later in the night, a pub would live music and a bit of craic would be great. Not after a trendy spot...just somewhere with a bit of fun.

Thanks for all the advice in advance.

Newbie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

hi. IF you get someone to go along to the residents bar, expect to pay at least €200 a man. if you get someone for less i guarantee they wont be great. at that time of the morning you have to be willing to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Live music is dependant on the night. Ryan's in Friary street can be very good, as can Cleere's down on Parliament Street.

I have heard ripley's is the bizniss for getting grub, though that's more of a resturaunt. Langton's might be an option either, or Kytlers as you said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭*melanie*

Kytlers is the perfect place....lovely atmoshphere, great staff.
    love the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Not sure if he'll do it but an ex-workie of mine has a wedding band & might, i say MIGHT cajole one or two down depending on what exactly you're after.
    A few tunes can mean a d.j. or live musicians which again can vary from style or type of music.
    I hope I'm not banned for what I'm about to post. It won't be deliberate flouting of rules & regulations etc.
    Fiesta.ie. They travel. Who doesn't I supose? Shure give the website a look.
    These days it's all about haggling & negotiating the price. Downwards!
    Have you the video & camera work for the wedding sorted? I've contacts in Gowran area of Kilkenny who'd be interested.
    I'd say PM me but I haven't got a clue how to send or receive those yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 deiseldes

newbie! wrote: »
    Hi,

im looking for some help from the Kilkenny city locals. I'm getting married there in two months and need some help on the following:

1. Does anyone know of some locals who would come to the residents bar on a Friday night (2am ish..) to maybe play some tunes for 2hours? CAnt be anything very expensive as budgets are getting tighter.

2. On the Sat night, there will be about 20 of us going for dinner and rather than formal restaurant dinner, im thinking more of a pub. Where would be best for this? Would Kytelers be any good?

3. Finally, later in the night, a pub would live music and a bit of craic would be great. Not after a trendy spot...just somewhere with a bit of fun.

Thanks for all the advice in advance.

Newbie.

Hi ya got the perfect entertainer for you he plays at the Feild pub every tuesday night in Kilkenny city just phone the feild ask for CP or Laura and ask for the phone number of Kiwi paddy im sure he would be up for it or pop in some tuesday night you could probably meet him yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

deiseldes wrote: »
    Hi ya got the perfect entertainer for you he plays at the Feild pub every tuesday night in Kilkenny city just phone the feild ask for CP or Laura and ask for the phone number of Kiwi paddy im sure he would be up for it or pop in some tuesday night you could probably meet him yourself

Kiwi Paddy is fantastic! I went into to see him about a month ago, hes a fantastic entertainer and it was the best night out I had in ages, I was driving that night and still had a great laugh. The man can work a crowd!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

I have since booked Kytlers for the sat night for about 30people to have dinner and then to hang on there for drinks. The area they have reserved is the cave part. Is that nice?

Advertisement