Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G36c Problem--Help needed

Options
  • 18-07-2009 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey,

I have 2 problems with my G36c.
    • Firstly; The bb's don't fire properly. Every second shot or so is just a blank dry fire. The mag needs to be winded very often, after about 10-15 shots.Plus the mag never empties,the bb's just stop feeded when there is still about 40 bb's in the mag!
    • Secondly; The power has fallen on it very fast,the bb's bearly go 10 meters before the bb arcs and falls to the ground.I was firing at cardboard boxes at a range of no more than about 6 meters away and the bb's bearly penetrated the box.However,a few days ago it went through boxes no problem.:confused:
    Any help with these problems would be much appreciated.Thanks.

Off topic: Do low-cap or mid-cap mags need to be winded up? If I was to buy a low/mid-cap mag for the G36,would this eliminate the need for winding?

Is 3-in-1 'Silicone Spray Lubicant' safe to use on airsoft guns?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

I had a similar problem, but it was just lack of oil - get some silicone oil and spray it liberally into the bb hole in the mag, the bb chamber in the mag and the magwell of the AEG. You should find the bbs start feeding properly.

Regards the dropoff, it'll be some issue with your hopup, but I defer to some hopup expert (I'm not one) to give you a full answer....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dude, the by far most likely cause of this is Sh1te bbs. That would knock the power and cause misfeeding.

Other causes:
    Dirt in barrel/chamber/mag
    Lack of lubrication
    Misadjusted Hop/Hop nub movement

Or, by the mag though you could have snapped the coil. When you wind does the tension ever really build or does it seem to just keep going on and on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

I had a similar problem, but it was just lack of oil - get some silicone oil and spray it liberally into the bb hole in the mag, the bb chamber in the mag and the magwell of the AEG. You should find the bbs start feeding properly.

Thanks for your reply.In regards to the silicone oil,I have 3-in-1 brand silicone spray lubricant.It says its safe for use on rubber and metal,so would this be ok to use on it?

Dude, the by far most likely cause of this is Sh1te bbs. That would knock the power and cause misfeeding.

Or, by the mag though you could have snapped the coil. When you wind does the tension ever really build or does it seem to just keep going on and on?

Thanks for your reply.The brand of bb's im using is 'Q Bullet' . In regards to the mag, yes the tension does build up,but it needs winding very often,after around 10-15 shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Try a different brand of BB, Blaster or Excel, that might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have you cleaned the barrel recently?

Q Bullet IIRC arent that bad. The winding would indicate that the bbs are only getting through at maximum tension. I'd examine the mag well and see if there is damage/dirt in the feeding nozzle.

• Advertisement

Have you cleaned the barrel recently?
    I'd examine the mag well and see if there is damage/dirt in the feeding nozzle.

The gun is only brand new really,so I have'nt cleaned it. It was firing grand a day ago,but now it has problems.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Give the barrel, hop-up and air nozzle a good clean, that should help.

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Give the barrel, hop-up and air nozzle a good clean, that should help.

Is it safe to use 3-in-1 silicone spray oil to clean it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

yup. generally silicone spray is the way to go. dont use WD40 or anything like that.

make sure you give the batterry a good charge. sounds obvious but fuse cud be gone in charger or plug so when u think ur charging, its not really charging, then when you fire it its really weak (happened to me once :o damned plug was broke)

Ok,thanks,I'll give it a clean with the silicone spray and see if it makes a difference.

• Advertisement

Ok,I gave the gun a clean with silicone oil. The barrel was fairly dirty! However,I tested the gun afterwards and it has not improved.
    Anyone know what might be wrong with it?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Are you re using the bbs?

Alright,i've adjusted the hop up on it,that has improved the range.
    I have'nt tested it on targets yet.I'll test it this evening and see if it has improved.

In answer to your question monkey, i do not re use the bb's.:D

Okay,new problem! I have a low cap mag for it,but the bb's wont load into it properly.The bb's just fly out of the mag well when i put them in.Anyone know what the problem is??

Advertisement