Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's up with all the big groups of scumbags in Leixlip?!

Options
  • 18-07-2009 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

seriously, who do these f*ckers think they are?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hotshot_rf

which part of leixlip? confey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Graca

yea confey i think thats what its called its da place up da hill

Like riverforest and around those shops near the apartments...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭zebrafumbler

Ah, them there hillbillie rovers.

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

you've started 2 threads now on this??

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

df1985 wrote: »
    you've started 2 threads now on this??

2 groups of them I reckon! ;) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

Can you elaborate further? what are they up to? It's not exactly Ballyfermot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Young lads, sitting outside the shops. Whats the big deal? I haven't heard of any trouble out of them. And there's not usually all that many of them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Were they calling you gay or something, or grebbing at you?

I don't leave my house after 9 o'clock, even if I need milk for the next morning. I don't want to risk my life, not the way Leixlip is these days. Im going to move to Celbridge, to St patricks estate or something I think its called.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

Tbh, they probably have nothing better to do, Leixlip can be very boring

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

There's scumbags everywhere. Sure Celbridge and Maynooth are nearly as bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Varkov wrote: »
    Im going to move to Celbridge, to St patricks estate or something I think its called.

I work in Celbridge and i can tell you now, its as bad if not worse for scumbags than Leixlip. Not to say its not full of lovely people aswell.

I've seen undercover guards arresting scumbags in Celbridge village, which will give you an idea of the type of scumbags they are (not the wannabe kind).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭donaghs

Where exactly do mean these scumbags are? All over the place, or outside the chipper and shops on the Main Street?

I was joking, Leixlip's grand. There's some feckin kids but thats all they are ffs, kids. Little wannabe scumbags.

I used to ask this of the lads in school. "How did you get that northside Dublin accent? You live in Kildare" They never really had a comeback for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭loveforcelbridg

I don't leave my house after 9 o'clock, even if I need milk for the next morning. I don't want to risk my life, not the way Leixlip is these days. Im going to move to Celbridge, to St patricks estate or something I think its called.
    Being a teenager in celbridge right now , I would reccomend you stay in lexlip cos' celbridge has a serious drug problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

They are kids. Not scumbags, not wanna be scumbags, just kids.

All they want to be is old enough to be allowed out past dark when their Mammy's and Daddy's told them to be in.

leave them be for gods sake, it's not as if they are causing any harm

They aren't just kids, their gangs.

Why should I fear for my life everytime I leave my house just becaue all the kids in Leixlip think its fine to go around hitting and stabbing people.

A lot of them are doing drugs like cocane which is a hard drug.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

if you're worried why don't you go running to the moderators and report the scumbags?

They aren't just kids, their gangs.

Why should I fear for my life everytime I leave my house just becaue all the kids in Leixlip think its fine to go around hitting and stabbing people.

Ya see, i can't tell if you are just stirring it up for sh1ts-n-giggles or being serious....

I'm gonna go with stirring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Have the gardai been notified?

Here, dont just put the blame on lexlip, as a teenager you can get anything you want bar gear maybe no matter where you live, and how do you know there doing white anyway ? , there hardly standing where everyone can see them doing it are the ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭dara95

ah scumbags!

i propose a mass geneside anyone with me???:confused:

dara95 wrote: »
    ah scumbags!

i propose a mass geneside anyone with me???:confused:

That like a seaside thing?? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Those kids outside the shops are harmless.

Just stay away from the village after 10pm between Thursday and Sunday and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

donaghs wrote: »

Leave it out....whatever about Leixlip's troubles, why bring other places into it? By that standard, I'd ask if where you're writing from so perfect that it shouldn't be mentioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

donaghs wrote: »
    r u slighting ballyer.....

My ma and da are blow ins from ballyer acutally:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Celbridge had a serious problem due to a lack of "young peoples" pubs, back in the day (most were of 21's, or "old mans pubs"), when kids turned 18, could buy drink, but couldn't drink in the pubs. This created a huge scumbag problem. The problem is not to bad now, with a few pubs catering for the 18 year olds, and since Castletown House was made inaccessible to cars from the Celbridge side, it stopped the scumbags from gathering there.

Also, there wasn't much to do.

There's not much to do in Leilxip either, but most of the groups play GAA, soccer, etc, so the gangs as such stay playing the games. There are a few decent sized green areas around the "old" part of Lieixlip. Their is a noticeable amount of gangs forming in the newer estates, and I think this is due to a lack of facilities near them. Most of the gangs are interracial, so it's can't be seen as a "black" problem", but more of a continued problem due to there being f**k all to do. There are plans for a pedestrian bridge to connect the Amenities sports centre to the new estate, and when this is built, it should allow the gangs to play ball (most of the green areas are surrounded by houses and cars, and are too small for a decent game og footie)

Can't really comment on Maynooth, as I've only seen the gangs next to the playing fields at the canal, and nearby the pub near Old Greenfield.

=-=

Also, due to the Garda presence, the gangs don't tend to contragate nearby the shops - the Garda like visiting the local Spars, so the gangs stay away, and thus indimidtion isn't there. The Gardai are only seen up the hill in riot vans :P

Advertisement