Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Cert & PP for Extension

Options
  • 18-07-2009 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi. Thinking of getting a small extension built. This will require a 3m high wall to be built between myself and my neighbour in rear garden. I'm in South Dublin CC area, does this need PP? Secondly is it usual to get an engineer to check/certify the building work, its about a 110sq ft build and how much should I be paying for this cert?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

If the wall is on its own to the rear of the dwelling house then you need planning permission if it's over 2m high. If it's part of your extension you may not need planning permission for it. Imo, you need on-site advice from a good local AT.

Even though your extension is small it should be planned for you to get the most from it, again, on-site advice from a good local AT.

The costing will depend on the standard of finish and what the extension will include.

Sorry about the vague post but you need to provide more information to narrow the detail down.

Advertisement