Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Best of Both - free texts for life?

• 18-07-2009 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

I'm currently on bill pay with Meteor (Talk 200) and I'm thinking of switching to 3 Best of Both. The big seller for me is the unlimited texts to any network.

I went to a 3 store today and was told that if I sign up before the end of the month, I'll get the unlimited texts for life. However I can't find any mention of this on their website. What I did find was:

"The 3 Best of Both free text messages promotion is only available to customers signed up to 3’s Best of Both Plan before 31st December 2009 who can avail of free text messages until 31st March 2010."

Did the shop assistant exaggerate a wee bit for a sale? :eek:

I know I can sign up now and leave at the end of March anyway (6 month contract), but I'm just wondering if the "texts for life" deal exists?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭djdunny

hi susanna. afaik this will expire on the 31st of march but 3 are always kinda good to keep pushing dates back if the promotion runs well for them so come the end of december they might change the date to june 2010. but just to clarify, its not txt for life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I think the sales person was in the wrong to say for life. 3 had a 3cent texts promotion for life which is finished now, but thats the only for life offer that i can think of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Aren't meteor themselves doing a free any network text for life promotion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

Thanks for the replies.

Meteor are doing that promotion if you sign up to their Anytime Choice plan which is prepay. Its very good for texters but I'd prefer something that's better value for calls, as I tend to use a mix of both.

Their Bill Pay Lite 25 looks pretty good, I might go with that as most of my friends are with Meteor and those texts would be free anyway.

Advertisement