Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question

• 18-07-2009 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭

Queenie is the most beautiful blue brindle doglet. However, I find it very hard to take pics of her which show off this colour, she looks grey or even brown in some pics. Any tips on how I can take a proper pic of her with a relatively basic and old camera? I want to show her colour better as it heightens her cahnces of finding a new home, thank you. Oh and it goes without saying, I know zilch about photography :P

p938853.jpg
    p938854.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

For openers (which means that this may have little foundation at all ;)) ;

It may be that your camera simply can't differentiate too good between the colour tones so it would help if you could post the make/model of camera for people to see.

I'm seeing a slight blue hue in your picture but whether i'm tricking my mind into believing that this is what i'm seeing or not given your earlier description - I don't know :D

If I am right about the blue hue, you could enhance the blue which would bring out the colour more in post processing.

If your camera is capable of white balance settings then perhaps its getting the white balance slightly off - assuming you are shooting in auto mode. You can change the white balance for fine day, cloudy day, indoor florescent, etc.. Your camera may also be able to do a custom white balance - check the camera manual for instruction.

Anyhow, that's for openers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Seems its a Casio EX-S20 according to the exif data.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,406 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

would try a different white balance setting, cloudy setting probably the best for a warmer picture, or adjust with software

you can see the differance it can make with the attached image
    p938854b.jpg
    p938853b.jpg

not that this is the correct balance, just different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Hi and thank you very much! The camera is a Casio Exilim and as it was a donation many moons ago, I got no manual. However, I found something in the settings re white balance (daylight white balance?). Thanks, I will let you know how I got on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

A bit off the topic Egar, How old is she and is she neutered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

A bit off the topic Egar, How old is she and is she neutered?

I think thats a little more than a bit off topic!!!!! :p

I know but this lad needs a lady to calm him down.
    3558371027_4b83f2b6fb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

The photography section ladies & gentlemen....

...where people try to mate their dogs with eachother!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Can we take the Pooch Matchmaking to PM please.

This thread is for Photographs of the bitch in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Heh thats a great pic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,610 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I was often a bit like that myself :D

Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Hehehe, thanks for the laugh and the brilliant pic! I have PM'd you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

3558371027_4b83f2b6fb.jpg

Maybe its not a lady he's after - it might just be your nuts! :eek:

Advertisement