Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Script errors in IE

Options
  • 18-07-2009 10:06pm

I've been having a problem for the last while which I suspect to be some sort of bug. If I receive an e-mail notification for a subscribed topic and click on the link, the script which normally shifts the page down to the first unread post fails (it does shift the page down a bit but not all the way) and I end up with a script error:

Line: 119
    Char: 127
    Error: Object expected
    Code: 0

I'm running IE7 on Windows XP SP3. I also tried it in virtual machines running IE8 on Windows 7 and IE6 SP1 on Windows 2000 and these were the same. If I view the source and go down to line 119 it's the <body> tag; which contains the following:
    <body onload="if (document.body.scrollIntoView &amp;&amp; (window.location.href.indexOf('#') == -1 || window.location.href.indexOf('#post') &gt; -1)) {scrolly = (findPos(fetch_object('currentPost')) - offsety); window.scrollTo(36,scrolly);}">

Considering that I've reproduced it on three different operating systems and browsers I can only guess it's not me. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Does it shift it down to just a little bit above the post? If so that's probably the offset for the new beta menu.

I've attached a screenshot to this post to show where the page shifts to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Thanks for the report and all the associated information, made this a doddle to fix.

Cheers!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement