Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying online (www.expansys.ie)

• 18-07-2009 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Did anyone here ever buy a phone off http://www.expansys.ie/ ? How was their service? Im thinking of using them after I saw a link to their site in someones post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

ive used them many times and they we're great. once they ran out of stock on a phone i wanted and they rang me to offer me credit or refund, i bought a handsfree kit which was cheaper then what i had paid but i said i may need more stuff, so they held on to the balance for a month or two then refunded what i hadn't used, which was handy as i didnt need to worry about paypal fees for the refund. would recommend them, im not associated in anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have used them a few times, never had a problem. Have never had to return an item but any time i rang them they were fairly helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I've used them, don't remember it much so it was a perfect transaction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Cant personally agree with the overall thumbs up.

Sadly, in the first few times using them, I personally found them to be unreliable and difficult to deal with, and on the occasions that things went awry; of the three customer service people I had to speak to with to try solve my problems, 2 were exceptionally unhelpful.

This was about 6 months ago, and as a consequence, I haven't dealt with them since.

Perhaps they've improved recently, as I seem to be in the minority here, but I spend a fair few bob online, and I'm not willing to go through the sh*te they put me through ever again. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Samson1

Swizz wrote: »
    Did anyone here ever buy a phone off http://www.expansys.ie/ ? How was their service? Im thinking of using them after I saw a link to their site in someones post.

Hi Swizz, Have used them several times - no problems, totally reliable. Going to buy N97 next week & will use them if price changes, but currently clove.co.uk is £30 stg cheaper. Again - I have no connections with either but can recommend Expansys 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Over the last 8 years, I've bought my last 4 phones off them, and I've preordered the HTC Hero. I'm a returning, loyal customer - that should say alot about their service and reliability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

ordered a thing off them once it was grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've dealt with them 3 or 4 times. Twice I've had to return faulty items. Both times I've had my refund within a week and replaceemnt item within 10 days.

When ordering I've had my product within 2 days.

I can't fault them (other than the price sometimes!).

Advertisement