Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano wanted

• 18-07-2009 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a decent second hand piano for my son. He's doing well at the lessons and in January his teacher told me that he really should move on from the keyboard he's using to a real piano. The problem is money. Right now, I don't have a lot. In a shop you're talking a couple of thousand to start and more for one that's any good. I've been getting the Dealer every week for the last few months and have looked at some but haven't found anything suitable yet. Nothing on Adverts either. I need to get the finger out because he has told me, and it's obvious, that he's getting frustrated with the limitations of the keyboard.

If anyone has a piano for sale or knows of one that is for sale I'd be delighted if you would let me know.

Thanks.

(Hope this is ok in here. I would hope to find something locally due to the cost of transporting the paino.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Wish I could play it, its a great instrument.

Have you thought about an electronic one, not a Keyboard and there is a difference. They look more like a small piano and aren't synthasised.

They are the full job but smaller and cheaper, I know Reynolds in Raphoe sell them and Hendersons in Derry too. Hendersons may have second hand real pianos too. They are on the waterside in Derry as far as I know.

The might not look as great as a grand piano but are very good and have a full size keyboard, easier stored and transported and much cheaper and don't have the tuning problems

• Registered Users Posts: 30 superelectric

Keep an eye out on www.dublinwaste.ie or www.gumtree.ie, there are always people giving away pianos as long as you can organize collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Thanks donegalman. The teacher said to me that normally at this stage he would recommend a clavinova or similar digital piano but if I could I should get him an acoustic piano as he doing really well and would benefit from a real one. I'll will have to go with a digital if I can't source an acoustic soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Piano for sale on www.flogitdonegal.com. Asking price listed at €250 but you might be able to negotiate.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭onway

Any joy with that piano...?????

Had a look but decided not to buy. Thanks for the tip :). If you hear of anything else....

Advertisement