Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Animal rights activists blamed for circus attack

• 18-07-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.thepost.ie/breakingnews/ireland/eykfsncwgbgb/
    Animal rights activists are being blamed for an attack on a famous circus today.

Eight vehicles were vandalised and attempts made to set one alight in an overnight attack on Duffy’s Circus.

Ringmaster and Managing Director of the troupe David Duffy said he would be increasing security, but insisted the vandals will not disrupt his family’s 200-year-old circus tradition.
    Can't wait until the wackos release a lion, which eats one or two of them :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

lolcats are the only animals that should be used for human entertainment :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

"Go free animals... back to the land from whence you ca-"

*munch*

"...didn't really think this through."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭jape

I'm not condoning what they did in the slightest, but some of the conditions those circus animals are kept in is absolutely horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Camels sitting in the front row give me the hump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

They sound more like caravan vandals than animal rights activists

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Yeh, bunch of feckin clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Well it's no real surprise. Circuses have a history of treating animals badly and it's one of the reason why i won't go to a circus, so it's to be expected that Animal Rights groups would do something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Press report, Duffys,
    “We will now be introducing 24 hour CCTV coverage and stepping-up our security.”

You can forget me going to the Circus. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Circus = completely pointless with zero entertainment unless someone misses the safety net on the way down, or some twat gets his head bitten off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Where's me chainsaw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Having less animals ruined the circus:(

I remember when I was a kid they had all kinds of weird animals (I got to go on the elephants back once). Nowadays its all sucky acrobats

This has been brewing for a while though, the lads at Indymedia have been scrapping with that circus for a while.

The best circus I was ever at was that French Archaos show that got destroyed by a storm in Tallaght in the early 90ies. There was no animals and had guys juggling chainsaws, fire breathing, car stunts, wall of death, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

a circus without animals is not a proper circus

An empty circus with animals is a proper circus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I wouldn't like to vandalise caravans with some of the people I know living in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 samantha2000

Having less animals ruined the circus:(

I remember when I was a kid they had all kinds of weird animals (I got to go on the elephants back once). Nowadays its all sucky acrobats

This has been brewing for a while though, the lads at Indymedia have been scrapping with that circus for a while.

Diddums, you are upset because you don't get to see tigers jumping through hoops of fire, or a lion doing a pretty dance just to entertain you. Humans get a choice on whether or not to join the circus.
    Those abused, beaten and terrified animals don't have a choice. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

if the animals are cared for properly and in good health and condition, along with not being stuck in tiny containers for 22hrs a day then I'm ok with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Diddums, you are upset because you don't get to see tigers jumping through hoops of fire, or a lion doing a pretty dance just to entertain you. Humans get a choice on whether or not to join the circus.
    Those abused, beaten and terrified animals don't have a choice. :mad:

The cow that was killed so that i could have a burger last nite after a couple of pints didnt have a choice either but he sure tasted good:):)
    Animals are there for us to eat, love and care for in the case of a pet and hell if they have some natural talent and can entertain us why not throw em in a circus. We all need a laugh some time, nothing funnier that a monkey in a suit smokin a cigar running around a ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

yes. save the animals by setting explosive things nearby on fire while they are all in a mad huge tent.

where do these people get an education from? wolves?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Overheal wrote: »
    yes. save the animals by setting explosive things nearby on fire while they are all in a mad huge tent.

where do these people get an education from? wolves?

I'll have you know that Wolves is a very good school!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

Seaneh wrote: »
    I'll have you know that Wolves is a very good school!
    ahhhoooooooooooooooooooooo

Advertisement