Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Offensively ugly

• 18-07-2009 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Are there any particular groups of people who you actually find offensively ugly? Personally I abhor fat ugly pimply faced knacker birds. I was on the bus in town today (big mistake to begin with, I admit) and I was met with the rather unpleasant sight of an obstreperous woman roughly shaped like an apple, albeit about 6000 times the size, with skin the colour of marmalade wearing a tight pink tracksuit holding a back of Ronald McDonald's finest in one weathered claw and a mobile in the other. For the duration of the journey she roared into the phone in an accent so preposterously inner city that I could scarcely distinguish word from word. She wreaked of alcohol and chips. All in all, she was a veritable assault on the senses.

So what of this 20 stone inner city belle? Well for one thing, she made me realise that certain people can indeed be offensively ugly. If this woman were to, say, put the phone and McDonalds down for a split second and lose about a third of her body weight, she would only be slightly less offensive to the occipital cortex. My conclusion, as I watched her waddle across the street, casting a shadown large enough to cause my pupils to dilate ever so slightly, was that this woman's ugliness is bone deep. If I were of a less materialistic bent I might conclude that he soul was in fact ugly. Thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Oh my god, you met my auntie...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Not a group but I find him offensively ugly...

http://www.telemoustique.be/images/susan_boyle.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,522 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Stick to the Dort, mate.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭lgoring21

what did u just say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Are there any particular groups of people who you actually find offensively ugly? Personally I abhor fat ugly pimply faced knacker birds. I was on the bus in town today (big mistake to begin with, I admit) and I was met with the rather unpleasant sight of an obstreperous woman roughly shaped like an apple, albeit about 6000 times the size, with skin the colour of marmalade wearing a tight pink tracksuit holding a back of Ronald McDonald's finest in one weathered claw and a mobile in the other. For the duration of the journey she roared into the phone in an accent so preposterously inner city that I could scarcely distinguish word from word. She wreaked of alcohol and chips. All in all, she was a veritable assault on the senses.

So what of this 20 stone inner city belle? Well for one thing, she made me realise that certain people can indeed be offensively ugly. If this woman were to, say, put the phone and McDonalds down for a split second and lose about a third of her body weight, she would only be slightly less offensive to the occipital cortex. My conclusion, as I watched her waddle across the street, casting a shadown large enough to cause my pupils to dilate ever so slightly, was that this woman's ugliness is bone deep. If I were of a less materialistic bent I might conclude that he soul was in fact ugly. Thoughts?

Hoho, yer in there! :D Ya mad yoke ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Are there any particular groups of people who you actually find offensively ugly?

Yes, people who judge others...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

If I were of a less materialistic bent I might conclude that he soul was in fact ugly. Thoughts?

mmmm nope.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Oh look, an attack of the uglies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement