Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

newzbin - anyone have spare invites?

• 19-07-2009 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I'm hearing newzbin is the best newsreader for usenet. Anyone got any spare invitations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Any kind souls out there with an invite to spare? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Pm Your emails

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

Bought credit but as yet cannot put the various programs together in order to get this newsreader operational.
    anyone got a guide for dummies?
    thanks
    john

There are a couple things you need to begin downloading files from a newsgroup.
    First, you will need an account with a news server, its not cheap, I paid €96 last week for a years subscription but there are smaller deals
    Second, once you have an account you will need a News Client, like this one

Newzbin is just a news indexer. It has a lot of features and customization options and a very active community that will be quick to flag and comment if there are any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hey PogMoThoin, do you have a Newzbin invite left to spare? Or any other boardsie? Much obliged in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

I have a few invites so pm your email and I'll try and sort you out with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Does anyone have any spare invites?

It would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Greener.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I'd love an invite too. Just started with usenet and am beginning to enjoy myself.:):)

Pm your emails, I got at least one. First come first served as I've no idea how many I have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

Any invites going spare at this stage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I'd love a newzbin invite if there's any left. :)

pm emails, got at least one, 1st come etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Any more spare invites ? it would make my month :-)

binsearch is showing up a lot of passworded files lately...

delop wrote: »
    Any more spare invites ? it would make my month :-)

binsearch is showing up a lot of passworded files lately...

PM with your e-mail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

PM with your e-mail.

Pm sent thank you :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I'm a member there, how do I see if I have any invites to send out? I'm not a premium member any more, maybe that's the problem.

Can I also recommend NZB Matrix, I find it much better than newzbin. It categorizes the content much better for one, and it also seems to be more UK oriented which is a good thing.

You make a one-time donation of $10 and you have lifetime VIP membership. It doesn't need invites either.

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    I'm a member there, how do I see if I have any invites to send out? I'm not a premium member any more, maybe that's the problem.

My Account > Account Actions > Invite New Member

The premium member thing probably affects you though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

Anyone have any good Usenet provider deals at the moment?

PS: If anyone wants invites to newzbin pm me.

Oh cheers, I found it.

I have 5 invites to send out if anyone wants one. Send me a PM.

NZB Matrix is still the king though

randomname wrote: »
    Anyone have any good Usenet provider deals at the moment?

Astraweb have an unlimited $11 a month deal going at the moment, I use it myself. Much better and cheaper than giganews:

http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/kleverig-11.html?gclid=CMGsgKLajaACFdoB4wodWDWvcQ

I believe the deal is only available through their google ads. If the link doesn't work, search for astraweb and click on their ad.

• Advertisement

+1 for Astraweb. I got them on the unlimited $96 Per Annum deal last year. Even if you can't find that - $11 a month is well worth it if you download a lot of linux distros. :rolleyes:

Astraweb have an unlimited $11 a month deal going at the moment, I use it myself. Much better and cheaper than giganews:

http://www.news.astraweb.com/specials/kleverig-11.html?gclid=CMGsgKLajaACFdoB4wodWDWvcQ

I believe the deal is only available through their google ads. If the link doesn't work, search for astraweb and click on their ad.

Thanks mate. Will check them out when my other one expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sigmaxus

Many thanks for the AstraWeb link :D

Now only if I could get an invite to newzbin...pretty please, anyone? ;)

sigmaxus wrote: »
    Many thanks for the AstraWeb link :D

Now only if I could get an invite to newzbin...pretty please, anyone? ;)

PM with your email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sigmaxus

PM with your email address.

Thanks but I'm already in! :D

Offers of providers here

http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/cheap-usenet-access.html

I went with the usenet 1 year deal for 96 dollar (http://www.newsgroupreviews.com/cheap-usenet-access.html). Had to set up new account with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭DryCleanOnly

Thank you very much, great deal. Has anyone got any spare newzbin invites left? would really appreciate one.

PM with your email

• Registered Users Posts: 39 macalase

Any other invites going? Would love to get in too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

Also looking for an invite if anyone has a spare one needing a home.

Thats my last invite used (you only get issued about 5 at a time). Please don't pm until further notice.

Thanks for the invite mate, I will pass on the invites in turn to anyone who needs just PM me.
    Thats my last invite used (you only get issued about 5 at a time). Please don't pm until further notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

james finn wrote: »
    I GOT BANNED BECAUSE I SAID I AGREE WITH KEVIN MYERS ON A KEVIN MYERS THREAD. WHAM I GOT BANNED,

I ALSO GOT BANNED BECAUSE I SAID UNMARRIED FATHERS SHOULD HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS.

I ALSO GOT BANNED BECAUSE I SAID BANKERS ALONE ARE NOT TO BLAME FOR THE WAY OUR COUNTRY IS TODAY,

SHAME ON vbulletin3_logo_white_2.gif NOW YE'RE TALKIN'??? BULL

Now you can say you got banned for going off on one. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Anyone have any spare invites left? Much appreciated

Anyone have any spare invites left? Much appreciated

Pop me a PM with your email ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

can I get an invite?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

SubLuminal - I have a couple of invites available PM me your email address

Bad news for Newzbin: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/03/usenet-curator-newzbin-hammered-by-uk-court-for-infringement.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss
    Newzbin, a major indexer of Usenet newsgroup binaries, has been hammered by a UK judge. Though the site claimed to be nothing more than a "Google for Usenet" that indexed all sorts of useful material, the judge found that site operators knew about copyright infringement, did nothing to stop it, and in fact designed a site meant to encourage it.

Surprise, surprise, no more need for invites. Registrations are open from now on at Newzbin.com.

Slightly off topic but I tried a trial of Usenext and forgot to cancel the paypal subscription so they took the whole year after two weeks aargh!!!

Tried fighting to get it back but didn't have a leg to stand on. I'm using SabNZB with newsdemon now so its not much use to me but if anyone thinks they have a use for a year subscription (€90) let me know by PM and you are more than welcome to it.

• Advertisement

Nzbmatrix has completely taken over and is actually an easier site to search on.

Advertisement