Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STAG in ballywilliam

Options
  • 19-07-2009 4:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

UPCOMING STAG IN BALLYWILLIAM. just wonderinf best place to sart and finish if possible please thanks? heard its a small place but surlrey its not that small>>>?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

have never heard of it, but then im not a carlovian.

So im not really much help :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭spothediference

be helpfull for some assistance just been givin a cryptic clue[i guess] that T -O*D*W*E** WILL HELP us out so any help would be so welcome.ty

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    have never heard of it, but then im not a carlovian.

So im not really much help :-)
    no help then?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

knowing ireland, they are probably still ten pubs in the place though...

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    knowing ireland, they are probably still ten pubs in the place though...
    please dont post if u cant help.i no what ireland is like ty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

please dont post if u cant help.i no what ireland is like ty

BallyWilliam is in County Wexford, it is close enough to the Carlow border and Yes it is that small!!

To be honest I would say you are been led on a bit of a goose chase
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=ballywilliam+,+carlow+,+ireland&sll=52.830234,-8.300582&sspn=0.038063,0.07699&g=ballywilliam+ireland&ie=UTF8&ll=52.448686,-6.863558&spn=0.009272,0.019248&t=h&z=16

Please don't post if your going to jump on people's backs...there is no need for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

moved from the Carlow forum to Wexford.

I hope the OP is more mannerly to your posters Wexford.

ShayK1
    Carlow Mod.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

be helpfull for some assistance just been givin a cryptic clue[i guess] that T -O*D*W*E** WILL HELP us out so any help would be so welcome.ty

Mod Warning:
    Are all your posts going to be rude here? If so, I have the right mind to just lock this thread and issue infractions for your behaviour. Consider this a warning - have some cop on towards others, or don't post at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

UPCOMING STAG IN BALLYWILLIAM. just wonderinf best place to sart and finish if possible please thanks? heard its a small place but surlrey its not that small>>>?

You can go on pub crawl............there are 2 pubs in Ballywilliam .

After that , thet nearest pub is at least 8 miles away.

Would be best to start in New Ross early in the day , and finish up in Ballywilliam around closing time .

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Warning:
    Are all your posts going to be rude here? If so, I have the right mind to just lock this thread and issue infractions for your behaviour. Consider this a warning - have some cop on towards others, or don't post at all.
    aplogies to all,

• Advertisement

Would be best to start in New Ross early in the day , and finish up in Ballywilliam around closing time .
    sounds like an idea thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

Ballywilliam is about 6 miles from New Ross. Consists of two pubs - The Top Place and The Ash Tree. Two lively places. There is a chipper there too.

You could go paintballing in Rathnure which is only about 5 miles away
    http://www.deltaforcepaintball.ie/

There is also Quad Biking available near Clonroche village again which is about 5 miles away
    http://www.quadattack.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

+1 And on the road from New Ross to Ballywiliam there are two country pubs, Mannions in Mount Elliot, about a mile or so outside New Ross and then Donnachas pub in Ballyanne about another mile from Mannions on the way to Ballywilliam where you can have pit stops.:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

oh yeah OP might I recomend you work on yer pronuncuiatioons for the day

its

BallaWilllum

:D:D:D:D

Who's gettin Married???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭NedNew

Mannions is on the way to Ballywilliam and is only about 2 kilometres outside New Ross.

It would be good advice to try New Ross first - maybe the PortoVia which would be on the road to Ballywilliam.

I think Ballywilliam is about 10-11 km from New Ross so a taxi wouldn't be too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Why would anyone go somewhere so obviously ****e for a stag, they're supposed to be fun.... 2 pubs in an arsehole of a town does not make fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

NedNew wrote: »
    Mannions is on the way to Ballywilliam and is only about 2 kilometres outside New Ross.

It would be good advice to try New Ross first - maybe the PortoVia which would be on the road to Ballywilliam.

That's the Portovino Hotel.
    Noffles wrote: »
    Why would anyone go somewhere so obviously ****e for a stag, they're supposed to be fun.... 2 pubs in an arsehole of a town does not make fun!

+1. Basically a shíthole of a village with two pubs, a co op, and a shop/petrol station. If the op must go there leave it until the end of the night when you're so tanked up you won't know the difference. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Squiggle wrote: »
    +1. Basically a shíthole of a village with two pubs, a co op, and a shop/petrol station. If the op must go there leave it until the end of the night when you're so tanked up you won't know the difference. :pac:

You're nearly right - its a **** hole but it now only has one pub, i was told yesterday the one of the pubs closed down last week.

Advertisement