Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photobox

• 19-07-2009 8:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

I have decided to give Photobox the flick. Although the service and website is excellent, their prints are atrocious. The last 3-4 orders from them have been poor - they seem to have a reddish washed out look.

It looks like their printers arent calibrated properly, but being a fairly large company I would assume they do this regularly.

Anyone else use them & noticed the same?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

I got some 30" prints done at the end of last year and wasn't too pleased with them. They had a magenta cast off them. I didn't calibrate my monitor with their calibration print so I can't really complain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

I've had tons of prints done with them and no complaints. The vast majority of the many people here that use them seem to have nothing but good to say about them. I'd look to checking out your own colour process first. See if you can borrow or rent one of those calibration devies for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I used to find Photobox grand, but don't use them anymore. They're quality went more and more downhill as their 'special offers' became more and more frequent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

bw wrote: »
    I have decided to give Photobox the flick. Although the service and website is excellent, their prints are atrocious. The last 3-4 orders from them have been poor - they seem to have a reddish washed out look.

It looks like their printers arent calibrated properly, but being a fairly large company I would assume they do this regularly.

Anyone else use them & noticed the same?
    I assume your own monitor is calibrated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,508 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Could someone please explain this calibration stuff to me - what do Photobox mean for example when they offer to send me a colour chart before I place an order with them - what do I do with this colour chart?

I got some photos printed by them about a year ago but the prints didn't look anywhere near as good as the photos looked on my laptop but what could I have done about it before I asked them for prints?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

basically means whats on screen will be on paper when printed... tis a bit of work but really pays off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Jagera

Thanks all. Calibration was the first thing I thought of, but having been a bit overconfident in what I had set up, I dismissed it as a probable cause.

oshead - I'll give their settings a go and run off some test prints.

I would not have expected Photobox to send such poor prints, and to be honest everything in my head said 'calibration' but I just figured I had ticked that box..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I've generally been happy enough with them for standard prints, but I haven't got anything for a long while. I'm expecting some prints this week, hopefully they come in OK

Advertisement