Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to change an air filter on 1999 1.4 Opel Astra

• 19-07-2009 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi guys,

A buddy of mine told me changing the air filter might reduce fuel consumption.
    I find my 1999 Astra is a bit of a thirsty beast at the best of time.

Does anyone have an idiots guide to changing an air filter fro a 1999 1.4 Astra Club and could I buy a replacement air filter for it in Halfords?
    Anyone else have any fuel saving tips specifically for a 1999 Astra?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

wont really save on fuel unless the one in it is really dirty

behind the driver side headlight theres a black box, thats the airbox, remove the few bolts around the edges and lft it off, he airfilter is inside that, just take it u and have a look at it before ya go buy a new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭itisyeah

guil wrote: »
    wont really save on fuel unless the one in it is really dirty

behind the driver side headlight theres a black box, thats the airbox, remove the few bolts around the edges and lft it off, he airfilter is inside that, just take it u and have a look at it before ya go buy a new one

Thanks guil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

There is 4 clips on the airbox, just un clip them and left up one corner and pull out the air filter remembering which side is up for when putting in the new one.

Give it a good service.

Change the Oil and Oil Filter.
    Change the spark plugs.
    Change the Fuel Filter.

Fuel Saving Tips:

Make sure tyre pressure is correct.
    Dump any unneccessary weight.
    Driving smoothly and brake easy.
    Change gears between 2500-3000rpm.

My Astra I get 380 miles from a full tank and when I drive like a granny ie 55mph or lower I can get 400 miles.

Advertisement