Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast on Sunday?

Options
  • 19-07-2009 9:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

In Sligo for weekend.....can anyone recommend a place to have breakfast?....everywhere seems closed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Tobergal Lane Cafe should be open.

I think Cafe Society is closed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Bordercat

Just checked...unfortunately Tobergal Lane Closed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Bordercat wrote: »
    In Sligo for weekend.....can anyone recommend a place to have breakfast?....everywhere seems closed?

Jeez, isn't that a terrible indictment of Sligo for tourists:(

The Glass House should be able to look after you, but would imagine it could be pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

You could go to the Glasshouse Hotel? Or The Inishfree Hotel on High Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Sligo City Hotel on Quay street should deffo be open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Inishfree do a HUGE breakfast for a good price.

Or a breakfast roll from Centra and sit on the benches by the river.:p

Now Culchie, there's something for all budgets! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

We were in Sligo early one morning, early as in 9am and there was nowhere open for food! It was on a week day as well. Good idea about the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LadyDotty

Tobergal Lane Café do yum pancakes with bacon and maple syrup on the days they are open.
    :DYum x yum yum

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

LadyDotty wrote: »
    Tobergal Lane Café do yum pancakes with bacon and maple syrup on the days they are open.
    :DYum x yum yum
    Christ.. why did no-one tell me til now?! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

It's a bit late now, seeing as it's Monday, but Molly Fultons on the Ballisodare road do breakfast on Sundays as far as I know. Also Bellavista in Strandhill do a lovely one! I can't think of anywhere in the town though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

It's a bit late now, seeing as it's Monday, but Molly Fultons on the Ballisodare road do breakfast on Sundays as far as I know. Also Bellavista in Strandhill do a lovely one! I can't think of anywhere in the town though.

better late then never. didn't know bellavista did breakfast. good to know, thanks for that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

better late then never. didn't know bellavista did breakfast. good to know, thanks for that!!

I had breakfast there a few weeks back - €8.50 for a full Irish with tea / coffee / O.J.

Ordered the full breakfast with coffee & asked for an orange juice on top of it... got charged €3 for the juice, which wasn't even fresh juice - just concentrate sh*te with a load of ice.

The food wasn't bad - very, very greasy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

That's expensive.
    The Four lights and Corner House do full breakfasts for around 6 euro.....don't know about their opening hours.

I had breakfast there a few weeks back - €8.50 for a full Irish with tea / coffee / O.J.

Ordered the full breakfast with coffee & asked for an orange juice on top of it... got charged €3 for the juice, which wasn't even fresh juice - just concentrate sh*te with a load of ice.

The food wasn't bad - very, very greasy though.

That's a lot for orange juice out of a bottle!!

I do like the pizza from bellavista, Would have thought they would do a real good breaky.

We will try it and won't order the orange juice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

That's a lot for orange juice out of a bottle!!

I do like the pizza from bellavista, Would have thought they would do a real good breaky.

We will try it and won't order the orange juice!!

With hindsight, I'd have had the brekkie with O.J. & ordered the coffee as an extra! Pizza's there are not bad at all, but a bit pricey too, seeing as you can make a pizza for less than €3 with all the trimmings.

Anyhow - I'd the seafood chowder there for €4.50 (as far as I remember) recently & it was nearly a meal in itself & very tasty... lots of fish & shellfish in it. Definitely the bargain of the menu.

With hindsight, I'd have had the brekkie with O.J. & ordered the coffee as an extra! Pizza's there are not bad at all, but a bit pricey too, seeing as you can make a pizza for less than €3 with all the trimmings.

Anyhow - I'd the seafood chowder there for €4.50 (as far as I remember) recently & it was nearly a meal in itself & very tasty... lots of fish & shellfish in it. Definitely the bargain of the menu.

I think going out for food is a bit over priced here in the north west. I don't mind paying a lot if I get something special. But more often then not I feel it's ok food for the prices of good restaurants.

Our wee man is mad for mussels, so we order them for him when it's the season ofcourse. Love them myself too!

Advertisement