Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

honda accord advice

• 19-07-2009 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

hello there,
    just looking for some advice re my dec 03 honda accord exec. I am thinking of selling it privately but have not got a clue what to sell it for realistically, as prices seem to vary a lot when i checked carzone. taking into account the current economic climate and the fact that i need to price it so it will actually sell, what do you think its worth?
    its the executive model december 03, dark grey with colour coded 17" alloys, fully loaded with black leather, 10 speaker bose stereo, elec plus heated seats etc etc. also has full honda service history. its immaculate and probably one of the best around.
    what should i realistically be asking for?
    thanks in advance for replies.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

Petrol or diesel? Mileage?

Based on a quick look at carzone, cheapest 03 new model is €6,100 so something around that mark, or slightly higher if its diesel

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Agreed. At that age spec. won't have much affect on value, but may aid a quicker and easier sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

that 03 model in at advert is the old model, the newer are worth more. mine is an exec with 55k and is petrol. thanks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cheapest private selling newer model of that year on carzone is asking €6995 but that is an automatic which would be worth a little less than a manual. Also remember carzone prices are "asking" prices, not the selling price. The spec on yours is a good selling point but will add very little to the monetory value of a car of that age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Take the cheapest car on Carzone that is a close match in spec/mileage/year etc. Then take 20% off the price. This is what the realistic selling price is.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    Cheapest private selling newer model of that year on carzone is asking €6995 but that is an automatic which would be worth a little less than a manual. Also remember carzone prices are "asking" prices, not the selling price. The spec on yours is a good selling point but will add very little to the monetory value of a car of that age.
    just had a look there and the cheapest equivilant to mine on carzone is 9000 euro, but mine has 40k miles less mileage and mine has fhsh and a lot more extras ie reverse sensors, bose stereo etc.
    might just advertise it for around the 9k mark and see how it goes.
    I would prefer to keep it than let it go for 20% cheaper than the cheapest on carzone, no point in letting it go for nothing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

manus30 wrote: »
    just had a look there and the cheapest equivilant to mine on carzone is 9000 euro, but mine has 40k miles less mileage and mine has fhsh and a lot more extras ie reverse sensors, bose stereo etc.
    might just advertise it for around the 9k mark and see how it goes.
    I would prefer to keep it than let it go for 20% cheaper than the cheapest on carzone, no point in letting it go for nothing..

Remeber a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, not what the owner thinks it's worth. I think €9k for a 6 year old Accord with no warranty is very optimystic indeed but best of luck to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

manus30 wrote: »
    that 03 model in at advert is the old model, the newer are worth more. mine is an exec with 55k and is petrol. thanks..

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200928194528953

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

It's a waste of money to advertise it at 9k. Try 8k at least, you might get some slight interest then. If you're not in a huge hurry to get rid of it then don't, they're great cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

A mate landed a 2005 diesel, leather and satnav, for just over €6k including VRT.

As someone said, cars (or anything) are only worth what people will pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If you want to sell it and price it too highly, you risk taking bigger hit in the long run. I've known people who turned down reasonable offers for cars because they felt they were worth more (we're talking €100's not €1000's) but ended up selling for much less 6 or 8 months later when they got their next serious offer. Figure out what your rock bottom price is, i.e. the point below which it's just not worth your while selling, add something between €500 and €800 to give you room to bargain (remember if it's close to an even €x,000, to keep it below €x,ooo rather than above, upper limits on carzone are €x,999).

thanks for the advice..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

JHMEG wrote: »
    A mate landed a 2005 diesel, leather and satnav, for just over €6k including VRT.

As someone said, cars (or anything) are only worth what people will pay.

:eek: You sure you're not missing a few numbers there?

Advertisement