Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of blackberry

• 19-07-2009 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,
    I am thinking of buying Bold 9000 - unlucked (from a store in Dubai)
    I am wonder how much Vodafone charge monthly for blackberry service.

My second question is while traveling, would blackberry service have roaming charges.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I am wonder how much Vodafone charge monthly for blackberry service.
    http://www.vodafone.ie/businessservices/email/blackberry/internet/
    Says €20 / month. I'm assuming that's ex VAT.
    My second question is while traveling, would blackberry service have roaming charges.
    Yes, generally it would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Data roaming charges can be quite steep. Be careful, you can run up a HUGE bill very quickly.

O2 do offer a data roaming add-on. Vodafone probably do too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I was enquiring today about buying an unlocked BB, and VF told me that I can use the Perfect Choice 100, and the 1GB ISP data add-on on an unlocked BB. Just need to give them the IMEI code and they will enable the BB service on it. The only BB tariff they have now is for the 9500 Storm, he told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

I wouldn't be too sure about that as the data packages used on blackberries are different to those on conventional phones. All email etc goes through a blackberry server rather than through the network's.

I would double check with vodafone, probably ask technical support, just to be sure as it generally is you get a voice package and then must add the blackberry tarif to it which is €20 + VAT

If it does work this way keep us posted

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

richieg wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too sure about that as the data packages used on blackberries are different to those on conventional phones. All email etc goes through a blackberry server rather than through the network's.

I would double check with vodafone, probably ask technical support, just to be sure as it generally is you get a voice package and then must add the blackberry tarif to it which is €20 + VAT

If it does work this way keep us posted

Which is the reason I asked. Look at their phones in the online shop, when you pick one other than a Storm, it just gives you the normal tariffs. When you pick a storm it gives you a special tariff for €49 per month.

• Advertisement

The storm was targeted a consumers which is why they came up wih a straight forward all in one tariff which would be clear and easy to understand

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Bought a storm Christmas 08 from VF online. Have been on various VF tarriffs prior to that for about 5 years. The BB tarriff specific to the storm is the first one I find like double dutch to decipher when reading my bill. Hate the tarriff. Love the phone. Although it is currently in mobile hospital suffering from some sort of BB Storm Swineflu mystery problem. But I would definitely recommend it as a phone. Maybe hold tough and wait see what the 2nd generation will be like, they'll have worked out all the bugs by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

Currently have the BB Bold on VF with the 500MB/1GB? (cant remember what one) data add-on costs me €40-€50 a month. but i had a nasty bill at the start when it sent around 400emails.

That's the thing. The blackberry tariff gives unlimited emails.

On the 500MB/1GB tariff are you still setup on the Blackberry Internet Server (BIS) and receiving instant push email

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

(BIS) I think is a €15 addon on O2. unlimited email and internet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement