Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best CPU air cooler ?

Options
  • 19-07-2009 12:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hi guys, i just purchased the Thermaltake Big Typhoon BigTyp 120VX CPU Cooler

anybody here got one ?
    from what i read on reviews it seems to be one of the best air coolers for the cpu..

fan has been upgraded too.. anybody any experience with this cooler ?

or what type of cpu cooler do you have ? how does it perform ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Thats a pretty old cooler thai, Are the reviews you read recent?
    I'm using the Noctua NH-U12P and i've used the Tuniq,True a few Zalmans and a Coolit Domino and the Noctua easily out performs the lot by a few degrees and it's quieter too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

its not a bad cooler defo better than a stock cooler its nothe best on the market but 4 what u paid 4 it you got a good deal i use a thermaltake 120 extreme now its the daddy lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 thai

sorry guys its the revised 2nd edition Big Typhoon BigTyp 120VX

sorry about that, my mistake.

here is a link to it on komplett.ie

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=328057

cork45 its seems to give 1 degree cooler then the noctua nhu-12p on idle and 1 degree hotter on full load..

not bad considering its cheaper too

any body else got any opinions on this cooler ?

hi massy068, not sure if you noticed but i edited my post to say its the newer edition of the cpu cooler that i have, not the older original one.. whats your taught's on the newer one ?

yeah got it a a great price so im not gonna complain about it if its not the best cooler on the market :D

have you got a link to the cooler that your using ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Thermaltake 120 Extreme every time for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

ah ok thanks for the link, i was wondering why i couldnt get a review on it...
    you said it was the ThermalTAKE when it was the ThermalRIGHT.. ;)

yeah that seems to be a very good cooler alright ! how much does it cost ?

some good benchmarks ;

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/thermaltake%20big%20typhoon%20vx_06060720657/14862.png

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/thermaltake%20big%20typhoon%20vx_06060720657/14861.png

anybody got a different cpu cooler ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Elessar wrote: »

Although a good quiet cooler, the Zalman is nowhere near the performance of the others listed here with their 120mm fans. Ok for a dual core at stock, no good for an overclocked quad I'm afraid.

Hi Elessar,

what type of processor are you using and what temps do you get ?

how much did you pay for it ?

• Advertisement

I'll be testing that very theory this week :D

thai wrote: »
    Hi Elessar,

what type of processor are you using and what temps do you get ?

how much did you pay for it ?

Paid 60 ish a few years back, can't exactly remember. I'll be using it with a quad core Phenom 2 when it arrives this week.

let us know how you get on with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

http://www4.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=25713&agid=669

I got that puppy, airflow in my case is all messed up but its still doing good. Holding an OCed 65nm dually (3.3) at 28 idle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jeananddonal

Hi Lads
    I have just purchased a new motherboard it is an ASROCK 2Core1333-2.66G - 775 Socket - 945GC Chipset - Micro ATX + Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.66 GHz
    It has an LGA775 Socket.

Please could tell me where I can get a heatsink CPU cooler van retention bracket to fit this motherboard as my old retention bracket that will fit this motherboard. I would be grateful for any help you can give me.

I am stuck with the new ASROCK motherboard heat sink retention bracket and it wont fit the 775 socket. I cant put the heatsink and van on the cpu without the retention bracket. I tried to put the heatsink retention bracket off an older Asrock motherboard with 478 socket but it was a bit too small for the holes on the board.
    The CPU has these markings on it: (Intel 2148 Pentium Duel Core SLA3J MALAY)

Many Thanks
    jeananddonal

Advertisement