Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

warlock tank

• 19-07-2009 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

just wondering if anyone has ever seen a warlock tank ? the type of gear he used and spec he used to make sure he didnt loose agro

i realise it probably wouldnt work on adds just the boss . but im just wondering what else i could do becides dps dps dps

goiing to do level 70 instances and 60 ones soon and would like to be able to try tanking one if i could

what should i focus on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

re roll a tank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

Xyo wrote: »
    re roll a tank

wheres the fun in that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

The idea of a warlock tank is far from new.

The world first Iron Council hard mode was done with Voidwalkers tanking Steelbreaker.

The world first Sartharion 3D 10 man was done with a Voidwalker tanking Sartharion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

WellyJ wrote: »
    The idea of a warlock tank is far from new.

The world first Iron Council hard mode was done with Voidwalkers tanking Steelbreaker.

The world first Sartharion 3D 10 man was done with a Voidwalker tanking Sartharion.

If I was an epic tank things like that would make me cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Check out DeadMaster's videos on warcraftmovies.com. He developed strategies for soloing old skool wow bosses. Before he quit he soloed all of Molten Core and C'Thun phase 1 (phase 2 is impossible)

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=116357

^ Thats his latest, C'Thun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

im more intrested in what sort of spec i should have and the type of gear i should use.

ty for the vids tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Hmm, drain tanking is of course considered the best way. Maybe 54/17/0, high affliction damage with added survivability. If you are more interested in destruction try 0/41/30. One of the highest DPS specs right now, and has good defensive attributes. Turn on taunt on your Felguard and watch your aggro. In the end its down to preference, I trust my soul with affliction, but destro is more fun imo. As for gear just use your PvE gear. i'll take higher spellpower/crit/hit/haste over more HP/res (PvP gear) any day :)

Advertisement