Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Kayak Up north

• 19-07-2009 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I am looking at buying a couple of ocean frenzy sit on kayaks and was wondering if anyone could recommend a Northern Ireland store that’s reasonably priced.

Is there a saving to be made by traveling north of the border for them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

I was looking to buy last year and a mate in Belfast suggested I try Surf Mountain for RTM kayaks. I was able to drop in one day, when the missus was in IKEA, but, overall, found it not worth it.

There was, on face value, a saving over Dublin prices, but the amount saved would not have been worth a day of my weekend to go up there to collect it and take it back to Dublin.

In the end I bought everything in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

I was the same dont know if it worth going up North it I end up going to www.darrenskayaks.com give him a ring nice guy and will help you in any way he can.

I pick up a second hand one for a good price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

cheers for the replies folks,

was onto a company in the uk, desperatemeasures,

they can do 4 ocean frenzys, oars and seats for around 421 euro each delivered.

how does this stack up to what you guys paid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

brightkane wrote: »
    cheers for the replies folks,

was onto a company in the uk, desperatemeasures,

they can do 4 ocean frenzys, oars and seats for around 421 euro each delivered.

how does this stack up to what you guys paid?

I payed €450 for a Tandem and got two paddles and two back rests The Kayak was second hand but you would never tell

I was looking around on the net and thats a good price you got delivered to your door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

• Advertisement
Advertisement