Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Download Cap for Ntl upc users

Options
  • 19-07-2009 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

guys, yesterday i was just going through my bills on myupc and i noticed my package was upgraded from ultra to xtreme. I called 1908 straight away, after waiting for like an hour i got through to the sales department got myself downgraded to express. Since the customer care department is only open on weekdays i will have to call back and find out WHY I WAS UPGRADED W/O MY KNOWLEDGE cause i havent been going above my 250gb download allowance
    i installed this software they suggested called DUmeter, havent even crossed 150gb ever in any month. Then i started browsing around their website and i saw this: http://service.upc.ie/service/?cid=123&aid=85

Are there any usage restrictions?
    While our broadband service provides flat rate Internet access product with usage limits of up to 120Gb, users are reminded that they must at all times adhere to the current Usage Policy and Terms and Conditions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

That's from the days when the Ultra package was only 12Mbps and had a 120GB cap. That FAQ has been up there, unchanged, since then.

Have you wireless (someone may be leeching)?
    More than one PC (the DUmeter will only calculate data on the PC its installed on)?
    Counting both upload and download (its a transfer limit of ~250GB, not a download limit)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 leecher

i dont use that netgear router they have given me, i am directly connected to the modem, so that eliminates that possibility
    according to my DUmeter:

DU Meter Monthly Traffic Volume Report

Month Incoming Outgoing Total
    April 2009 56.2 GB 1.9 GB 58.2 GB
    May 2009 131.5 GB 7.8 GB 139.3 GB
    June 2009 106.9 GB 4.8 GB 111.6 GB
    July 2009 75.0 GB 4.4 GB 79.3 GB

Created on computer ADMIN at 19/07/2009 16:03:12, report time span: 01/01/2009 - 31/12/2009

and i have only 1 computer connected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You should just ring them again tomorrow, and customer care to check why you were upgraded, and also get them to clarify the cap you're on.

Advertisement