Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A few from Clare. C&C appreciated

• 19-07-2009 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

water.jpg
    My first attempt at this.......... Be gentle. lol

Waves crashing ashore at Doolin last Sunday.
    waves.jpg

Don't know who the people were, left them in for perspective to the size of the waves.
    waves2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Second one is really good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Well done Lady North. I think the people make the 3rd one. #1 I like but it takes time to get what you want. Play around with angles and shutter speeds. Dont like the grass on left, but someone else will:)

Not many waterfalls in North Dublin but the rocks at the Drummagh which is at the end of the north beach in Rush is good for the shot you have in 2 and 3. Also the harbour in Rush, the one at the end of the town can be a good spot with waves crashing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Like the 3rd one..ppl really make it! Wondering what location the waterfall is shot at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Nice set. Very good for a first attempt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

Thanks for the C&C. Although I have been taking photographs a long time I consider myself a beginner. Need a lot more practice.............

The waterfall was a little one in the grounds of Bunratty Castle. Lots of people around so not much room to move around. Had not got the tripod with me either so not too bad considering.

As I said, thanks again for the C&C, really appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kgpixels

I find the long blades of grass distracting in the 1st one, I think they'd be better out. The 2nd one is great. Good use of people to add scale in the last one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭Monasette

I was at the same spot in Doolin yesterday - the waves were huge.
    D6AD869F6B474B05B2E4643FF77DE5B7-500.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Nice shots OP, just keep an eye on your settings before taking the shot, there's some camera shake going on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

You are right about the camera shake. The first one, no tripod with me so that explains that. Others, again, had not got the tripod and the wind was really strong so it was really hard to stand still, never mind get a clear shot. There was actually someone washed off the pier in Doolin the day I was there. Thankfully no major injuries. It was really wild day.

Lovely shot Monasette. Waves are amazing. It's a brilliant spot to get shots of the waves crashing.

Advertisement