Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas around Monkstown

Options
  • 19-07-2009 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

I will be starting work in Monkstown pretty soon, currently living in harolds cross.
    Will be moving closer to my new job to live, however I dont drive.

I am not to familiar with the area, could someone tell me some areas that are easily accessible to monkstown via bus?

Also what are the areas in close proximity?

Thanks for any help you can give me

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

Well the 45, 46a and 75 buses all serve Monkstown to varying degrees...you should see the Dublin bus website

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭marbar

millions of places around stillorgan to rent right now. loads of busses bring you close, just depends where you're working exactly
    around goggins pub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

marbar wrote: »
    millions of places around stillorgan to rent right now. loads of busses bring you close, just depends where you're working exactly
    around goggins pub?

It'll be based around Castlecourt,Monkstown Farm area. Any ideas on where I should live to be easily accessible to this area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

anywhere :) the 46a bus goes past your work, straight in front, every 10 mins or so. that goes to town (past stillorgan and donnybrook) or to dun laoghaire. it would only take you about 30 mins to walk to dun laoire. not far at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

what areas does the 46a pass by??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

46a goes from Dunlaoghaire to town. Throught Dun laoghaire, monkstown, deansgrange, stillorgan, donnybrook and town...all down that way.

There are some nice apts on monkstown farm (road).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

As said above 46a is your man will drop you about 10 foot from the door.. are you working with Realex op?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

What job are you working at?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Just don't go into the Thirsty Eye for lunch :) you may never make it back out :eek:

Advertisement