Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia Messaging is a load of ****e

• 19-07-2009 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

There seems to be a constant barrage of people trying to get alternate email clients for it (often paid ones) that access their email directly rather than through Nokia's web-service proxy. I seriously hope Nokia don't try to push this "Nokia Messaging" bull**** for too much longer and write it off as a failure or at least give people the option to connect to their own servers directly without having to install a separate client.

there is also the fact that Nokia Messaging could be a paid service, bundled with the mobile networks once the trial ends. It's like combining all the disadvantages of having a Nokia and all the disadvantages of having a Blackberry (mandatory proxy usage) into one device. The UI of Nokia Messaging is also pretty horrible, I used it for about 2 seconds on my E51 when I realised it was the piece of ****e I expected it to be.

Just now on my server logs I caught someone Googling for

"****ing idiot nokia messaging e75 **** up problems" but without the *'s. i'm not even messing, so glad I got the E63 even though the e75 has a significantly better keyboard.

Advertisement