Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Puroresu (Japanese Wrestling) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Note to self: Dont click on this thread again after about 7am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Pingi wrote: »
    Anybody manage to order this yet? Getting an error here

Also thread was 4 years old yesterday, gwan Flah
    How's Pingers? Be Gob the years are flyin in.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Devitt getting ready for the match, practicing how to avoid the rainmaker:

http://i.minus.com/imPtJ5X3ms5rY.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The whole thing was possibly the greatest backstage segments of all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

I love the heel Ireland jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Just finished the show after watching half this morning nothing really blew me away apart from the main thought Okada/Devitt was a very good match and the backstage interview was quality,Nagata/Sakuraba wasn't great probably didn't help that Nagata has a torn pec and Sakuraba is just back from his injury.And Goto/Shibata was not at the same level as last month i hope they stop with the crazy headbutts someone is going to get seriously hurt doing them.

La Sombra/Nakamura was fun so was Ishii/Suzuki all in all though a good show with a very good match and a butch of solid matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 yottsume

I've english subbed "NJPW INSIDE #0" for the foreign fans out there.

It's a NJPW official Youtube program.
    It's about 20 minutes long, with recaps of 2013 New Japan Cup and Tanahashi's interview.

Enjoy.

OH MY GOD just saw this you can order all the G1 shows http://www.ustream.tv/njpw,works out at 113 euro really thinking of ordering it but don't know if i can justified spending that much on wrestling.

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    OH MY GOD just saw this you can order all the G1 shows http://www.ustream.tv/njpw,works out at 113 euro really thinking of ordering it but don't know if i can justified spending that much on wrestling.

How much have you spent on WWE through the years? Chances are, this will be a much better investment.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    How much have you spent on WWE through the years? Chances are, this will be a much better investment.

The issue is/is for me is that isn't an investment all. The shows are only accessible until 8 days after the final. Time is the issue for me not the money.

Your ROHs or DGUSA/EVOLVEs allow access to shows a year or more after you bought the live airing.

The you factor in that the shows will be on download sites the afternoon of the show.

Yeah that's the thing i have never spent over 100 euro on a WWE item and haven't bought a ppv in years i cancelled sky a while ago.
    rovert wrote: »
    The issue is/is for me is that isn't an investment all. The shows are only accessible until 8 days after the final. Time is the issue for me not the money.

Your ROHs or DGUSA/EVOLVEs allow access to shows a year or more after you bought the live airing.

The you factor in that the shows will be on download sites the afternoon of the show.
    I don't like downloading stuff from company's who product i really enjoy i try to buy IPPV's and dvd from NJPW and PWG not to say i'm telling people not to do that i will admit i didn't get into PWG until i downloaded a few shows but i would rather not do that now.

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Yeah that's the thing i have never spent over 100 euro on a WWE item and haven't bought a ppv in years i cancelled sky a while ago.

Over the years though. What's that, four PPV's? I'm guessing we have all bought at least that.

AH **** IT you only live once ordered hyped for this.

G-1 Press Conference

Me thinking the sun shines Prince Devitt's arse isn't news but his walk up to podium is class at the 16:05 mark with him slapping the table. Totally the lad in secondary school who is told by the teacher to see the principle who wants to indicate he doesn't give a toss.

Hopefully he wins it. That backstage segment from the PPV was the best thing I've seen all year. Does anyone think his bauldness seems baulder for the fact that he's Irish. I think we get hint better than everyone else.

Anyone going to buy the G1?

You can only buy all 9 shows for $150/€113.33. You can't buy them individually unfortunately. There's a couple of really strong cards and the Finals if you a Puro fan you would in previous years would have sold your first born to watch live.

I vowed not to as August is a very busy month. But I am already starting to crack at the time of the start of the first show.

First night has at least one thing worth checking out it seems.
    Devitt beat Okada.

Enjoyed day one some good solid matches on the show,just after watching the last three matches from today's show whatever you do go out of your way to watch Ishii vs Tanahashi absolutely incredible match.

Love the idea that the retired "Mr. G-1" five time winner Masahiro Chono is campaigning for Devitt to be kicked out of the tournament as he and his stable are bringing the competition into disrepute - like they did during the Super Junior tournament.

From Day 2 versus Lance (Hoyt) Archer:
    ibyZZPnKU6dGFg.gif

You have to realise Americanised cheating is fairly virgin territory in Japan. What I found out too yesterday is that smarks HATE all the cheat with a fiery passion.

@puro_yottsume on Twitter is doing English over dubbing of the UStream feed. Not perfect or slick but it does the job in terms of translating what the commentators are discussing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

whats with all the headbutts lately?

Enjoying the translations of Chono's commentary. He's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'm looking to do a whistle-stop tour of the BoSJ this weekend, can somebody point me towards the highlights please, I've only seen the final?

I feel bad for Naito and Ibushi. They had a quality back and forth match on Day 2 but Tanahashi and Ishii are taking all the spotlight. They have hardly gotten a mention.

I'm looking to do a whistle-stop tour of the BoSJ this weekend, can somebody point me towards the highlights please, I've only seen the final?

I'd advise you watch everything as you may miss the stories they are telling.

Day 2 is one of the best cards this year - a great last four matches. Tanahashi and Ishii was ridiculous.
    I feel bad for Naito and Ibushi. They had a quality back and forth match on Day 2 but Tanahashi and Ishii are taking all the spotlight. They have hardly gotten a mention.

That will change most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Rovert I'm really enjoying your updates on Devitt, I'm interested in following his career now after seeing your undying love for him. Must get into the Jap stuff, perfect way to do it is by following the man himselfs career!

Well holy god both Night 1 & 2 are on Youtube:

Dailymotion too. The YouTube one's are less likely to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Really enjoyed the Hoyt/Devitt match. I've always liked Hoyt but it was better than I thought it would be. I love how Devitt's gimmick is essentially a more talented 2005 Jeff Jarrett.

• Advertisement

Archer has been great switching so flawlessly. He was in heel mode on night one and super over babyface on night two. All just because of his opponents.

Advertisement