Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Puroresu (Japanese Wrestling) thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Is there a NJPW World app for consoles or Apple TV?

No app for consoles no.

There is an android app to Chrome cast to a TV but you've to access it via their website. Functionality is usually fine once it starts playing but don't bother trying to skip backward.

I assume you can use the cast function on Apple devices/Apple TV or whatever it is. (I'm not am Apple user...).
    Can you watch with English commentary when it goes VOD or only if watching live?

Yes. There will be a separate video uploaded with English commentary for the VOD. As said above, they put a bright red or yellow banner across the front page announcing when a show is available to watch. (I'll link to it tomorrow if I remember.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

A lot of the times they won't have "English Commentary" actually specified, but if the date is written on the avatar of the event, e.g., "Jan 4" the commentary will be in English, while if the date is written numerically, e.g., "1.4", it's in Japanese.

As an aside, they sorely need to upgrade their portal and indexing - the content is a ball-ache to navigate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The hype is real. Not long now. No idea who is in the Rumble, haven't heard one name.

So based on that, Lyger is winning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Battle royale wasn't bad. Can't wait for the main show now. Should we get a live thread going?

Not too bad. Cheeseburger getting killed by Kojima was nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The bucks tan is all kinds of ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Mailwrong format for Email address

That's what I keep getting when I try to register with NJPW World. Anyone else encounter this problem ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Will watch this later. All the hype on Reddit and here has convinced to give Japanese wrestling a go.

Okada also looks like coolest fúcker around on the posters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Out sick from work so subscribed to keep me sane. Last 3 matches should be insane.

oneilla wrote: »

Yes. There will be a separate video uploaded with English commentary for the VOD. As said above, they put a bright red or yellow banner across the front page announcing when a show is available to watch. (I'll link to it tomorrow if I remember.)

https://njpwworld.com/pg/s_series_00462_1

Don't forget New Year's Dash starting at 9.30

Don't forget New Year's Dash starting at 9.30

And they're streaming it free.

https://njpwworld.com/lp/l_live_130_1

So I guess that given the events of New Year's Dash that Jericho will be doing another match.

For sure, he must be loving it there. That will be a great fued with Naito.

i think its mad that jericho is more than likely only here for the cruise hes doing so he can get the talent booked but he sure looks like hes having fun

Nah, the cruise was booked long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Jericho/Naito will be good. I can be used as a buffer to keep Okada and Naito away from each other until the eventual rematch.

We could also see a few members of Los Ignorbernables take on Jericho before he gets to Naito. Takahashi v Jericho would be wild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Omega saving Ibushi from a Bullet Club beatdown.

Be still my beating heart.

Clegg wrote: »
    Omega saving Ibushi from a Bullet Club beatdown.

Be still my beating heart.

I can only imagine this is the start of the build to Kenny/Ibushi for next year's dome.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

Lots of matches set up today.
    Okada vs Sanada
    Naito vs Jericho
    Tanahashi vs Suzuki
    Goto vs Evil
    Omega vs White
    Hiromu vs Ospreay

They have three shows in big buildings for the New Beginning Tour, two nights in Sapporo and one in Osaka, so plenty of good stuff there for that tour. Great angle with Omega coming out to save Ibushi from Cody. Then Jay White declining Omega's invitation for him to join the Bullet Club by hitting Omega with the Bladerunner. Sets up plenty of stuff for Omega for the next while.

i really dont get what they want to do with this switchblade character maybe as some kind of renagade character but its not working so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Good move by NJ signing Jericho up for more dates and a good move by Jericho keeps him relevant and gives him the time off he likes to do his own stuff and Jericho has always been good at putting over other talent.

A win/win for everyone including fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

sky88 wrote:
    i think its mad that jericho is more than likely only here for the cruise hes doing so he can get the talent booked but he sure looks like hes having fun

I don't think he's meant to be a renegade character per say but more of a heel lone wolf character. Like he's definitely a heel, but he doesn't want help from anyone else, heel or face. That's how I've picked it up anyways. Some great seeds planted for future matches. The joy of New Japan is that they don't have 20 hours of television to fill every month, they can do simple angles that both mean more and last longer that allow major storyline events to simmer and sink in.

I don't think he's meant to be a renegade character per say but more of a heel lone wolf character. Like he's definitely a heel, but he doesn't want help from anyone else, heel or face. That's how I've picked it up anyways. Some great seeds planted for future matches. The joy of New Japan is that they don't have 20 hours of television to fill every month, they can do simple angles that both mean more and last longer that allow major storyline events to simmer and sink in.

Think you meant to quote my jay white post and hes just joined okadas group chaos so now im more confused

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Hey probably wrong place to ask but has anyone bought an NJPW t shirt from RevPro? If yes, what's the sizing like?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So Jay White has joined
    CHAOS
    after rejecting
    Bullet Club at New Year Dash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Can't remember which thread it was in but to whoever suggested a NJPW World thread, that'd be great.

Advertisement