Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Puroresu (Japanese Wrestling) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jesus what a sendoff that was, his knees look absolutely wrecked though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mrs Kobashi is adorable
    30rv50n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's only May but I think Nakamura could end up being my wrestler of the year for 2013. Havent seen all his matches but from what I have seen he has been consistently brilliant against a very wide range of opponents and styles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    It's only May but I think Nakamura could end up being my wrestler of the year for 2013. Havent seen all his matches but from what I have seen he has been consistently brilliant against a very wide range of opponents and styles.
    He really is amazing his match with Sakuraba is in my top three matches of the year so far,can't wait until they finally get to him and Okada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

He gave Davey Boy Jr the match of his career so far a few weeks ago too.

• Advertisement

Just going through a pack of one of my favorite guys at the moment Tomohiro Ishii and saw this match one of the best 10 minute matches you will see.

Koslov singing the Russian National Anthem and the crowd not only let him, they actually stand up out of respect. Every single time without fail, it amazes me. Compare that to America, in particular WWE....

Been avoiding news sites and whatnot until I was all caught up. Now that I am, the BOSJ blocks:

A BLOCK
    ★ “Beast God of the World” Jushin Thunder Liger [1994/2001 Winner]
    ★ “Made in Detroit” Alex Shelley (BOSJ Debut)
    ★ “Dreamcatcher” Hiromu Takahashi
    ★ “The Ancient God” Titan (BOSJ Debut) [CMLL]
    ★ “The One and Only High Flyer” Barreta (WWE’s Trent Barreta) (BOSJ Debut) [Free]
    ★ “The Future of Flight” Ricochet (BOSJ Debut) [DRAGON GATE]
    ★ “Trickster of Darkness” Rocky Romero
    ★ “Small Sly Man the Best in the World Character” Taichi [Suzuki-gun]
    ★ “Real Rock ‘N’ Roller” Prince Devitt [2010 Winner]

B BLOCK
    ★ “Golden Tiger” Tiger Mask IV [2004/2005 Winner]
    ★ “Immortal Funky Weapon” Ryusuke Taguchi [2012 Winner]
    ★ “New Japan Junior Supernova” KUSHIDA
    ★ “Flying Bushido” BUSHI
    ★ “Canadian Road King” Kenny Omega
    ★ “Russian Hooligan” Alex Koslov
    ★ “Dandy of CHAOS” Brian Kendrick
    ★ “Wrestling Master” Jado
    ★ “Microphone No.1 of Suzuki-gun” TAKA Michinoku

Some great match up's in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Block A looks particularly awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Baretta is a wierd yet interesting one and delighted to see Riochet in there too.

Looking forward to deeing Shelley and Deitt square off after their ridiculous little chain wrestling cameos a few months back.

I think whoever wins this tourny will take the Jr Title from Devitt freeing him up for a run in the heavyweight division.

• Advertisement

BOSJ starts tomorrow:

Jushin Liger vs Hiromu Takahashi
    Tiger Mask vs TAKA
    Kenny Omega vs Jado
    Rocky Romero vs Taichi
    Trent vs Ricochet
    Ryusuke Taguchi vs Alex Koslov
    KUSHIDA vs BUSHI
    Alex Shelley vs Prince Devitt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,869 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Davitt surely has to be a front runner to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Devitt vs. Shelley again and Ricochet vs. Trent = Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Wow Trent Baretta landed on his feet didn't he.
    Hope i'm not being sketchy but can anybody post me a Youtube link to Wrestle Kingdom VII/2013

GTR63 wrote: »
    Wow Trent Baretta landed on his feet didn't he.
    Hope i'm not being sketchy but can anybody post me a Youtube link to Wrestle Kingdom VII/2013
    Looks like their is nothing on youtube but here it is on dailymotion but if you like New Japan and can afford it buy their shows well worth the money.

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2esik_Jahmale_Hepburn_njpw-wrestle-kingdom-7-1-4-13/1#video=xwhxn8

Prince Devitt vs Ricochet - (NJPW 05/30/13)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10dgah#.UafSGkCPOSo

The most anticipated match of the BOSJ tournament is here

rovert wrote: »
    Prince Devitt vs Ricochet - (NJPW 05/30/13)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10dgah#.UafSGkCPOSo

The most anticipated match of the BOSJ tournament is here
    Really fun match enjoyed it a lot loved the Devitt promos after the match and in the press room.

Just after finishing this match http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10boyf_junior-stars-minoru-tanaka-koji-kanemoto-vs-burning-kotaro-suzuki-atsushi-aoki-c-ajpw_sport#.Uaf-ntincX4 these two teams had a great match back in march and this is even the better the last 10 mintues are up there with any other match i have seen so far this year.

Semi finals of the Best of Super Juniors have been set. Anyone following?
    NJPW "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XX", 06.06.2013 (Samurai! TV)
    Tokyo Korakuen Hall
    1,620 Fans

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Jado [6] b. TAKA Michinoku [8] (7:27) with the Crossface of JADO.
    2. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Baretta [6] b. Taichi [8] (9:23) with the Axe Guillotine Driver.
    3. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Brian Kendrick [8] b. Alex Koslov [8] (9:47) with the Sliced Bread #2.
    4. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Titan [6] b. Rocky Romero [8] (7:13) with the Titanix.
    5. Togi Makabe, Hirooki Goto & Tomoaki Honma b. Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI (14:40) with the King Kong Kneedrop by Makabe on YOSHI-HASHI.
    6. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Ryusuke Taguchi [10] b. Tiger Mask [8] (7:17) with the Tiger Suplex Hold.
    7. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Prince Devitt [16] b. Jushin Thunder Liger [8] (6:27) with the Bloody Sunday.
    8. Best of the Super Jr. - Block B: Kenny Omega [10] b. KUSHIDA [8] (16:10) with the One Winged Angel.
    9. Best of the Super Jr. - Block A: Alex Shelley [10] b. Ricochet [10] (16:33) with the Avalanche-Style Atomic Midnight.

Best of the Super Jr. Final Standings:

Block A:
    1. Prince Devitt [16]
    2. Alex Shelley [10]
    3. Ricochet [10]
    4. Taichi [8]
    5. Rocky Romero [8]
    6. Jushin Thunder Liger [8]
    7. Baretta [6]
    8. Titan [6]
    9. Hiromu Takahashi [0]

Block B:
    1. Ryusuke Taguchi [10]
    2. Kenny Omega [10]
    3. Alex Koslov [8]
    -. KUSHIDA [8]
    -. TAKA Michonoku [8]
    -. Tiger Mask [8]
    -. Brian Kendrick [8]
    7. BUSHI [6]
    9. Jado [6]

NJPW "BEST OF THE SUPER JR. XX", 09.06.2013 (TV Asahi Ch.2)
    Tokyo Korakuen Hall

1. Best of the Super Jr. - Semi Final: Prince Devitt vs. Kenny Omega
    2. Best of the Super Jr. - Semi Final: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Alex Shelley
    3. Best of the Super Jr. - Final:

Ryusuke Taguchi, Prince Devitt's ex tag partner and someone who was probably going to beat Devitt in the final got hurt. So Taguchi is out so Taka is back in the tournament to replace him.

The semi finals are taking place as I type.

Edit. So:
    Shelly vs Devitt in the Finals. If Devitt wins he will move up to Heavyweight and challenge Tanahashi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

when is the final?

montyrebel wrote: »
    when is the final?

3pm our time.

It aired on some weird channel in Japan meaning we may or may not get to see it on Youtube or Dailymotion.

Really enjoyed Kushida vs Kenny Omega from BOSJ http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10naww_08-kushida-vs-kenny-omega-njpw-06-06-13_sport.

Devitt gave a press conference this morning ahead of the ippv on the 22nd of June very entertaining from him as usually.

And last but not least Nakamura
    losing the title in Mexico just became available good match shame he lost it but hopefully it leads to him and Okada

BMZaLsMCUAAt-YV.jpg

BohsJohnny wrote: »

And last but not least Nakamura
    losing the title in Mexico just became available good match shame he lost it but hopefully it leads to him and Okada

Just seen that and came to complain about it :pac:

Nakamura's worst match in a while but I'm putting that down to La Sombra and CMLL. The ref in particular was awful. Looked like a randomer they picked out of the crowd before hand. He was nearly losing balance with every (incredibly slow) count he made. Would have been so much better in Japan for several reasons. A decent referee, a less annoying crowd, a good commentary team, Nakamura would have been babyface, unlikely to have been 2 out of 3 falls, etc.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Just seen that and came to complain about it :pac:

Nakamura's worst match in a while but I'm putting that down to La Sombra and CMLL. The ref in particular was awful. Looked like a randomer they picked out of the crowd before hand. He was nearly losing balance with every (incredibly slow) count he made. Would have been so much better in Japan for several reasons. A decent referee, a less annoying crowd, a good commentary team, Nakamura would have been babyface, unlikely to have been 2 out of 3 falls, etc.
    Yeah it was alright i heard a good point that maybe
    New Japan didn't want him to lose the title on Japanese soil before they put him up against Okada

The Press Conference pretty much spelt out the plan but New Japan announced this. Both a hat tip and a time frame:
    The 7/20 New Japan iPPV will be headlined by the 6/22 Kazuchika Okada vs. Togi Makabe winner against the Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Prince Devitt winner for the IWGP heavyweight title.

Prince Devitt vs Kazuchika Okada for the belt on PPV live.

I could cry.

Even by his standards this is very cold:

9k16wi.png

This just got uploaded:

i watched a live interview with him live on nicopro after the BOSJ final and he said since he cleared out everyone in the jr. division he wants to compete with the heavyweights to prove he is the best wrestler in every division, and feels discriminated against by the japanese media & fans for being not just a jr. wrestler but a gaijin jr. but he will defend the jr. title if a worthy challenger presents themselves.

it was a fun interview where he mostly ran down the njpw roster for an hour and said he wants to recruit steve austin & ric flair to the bullet club,

I am obsessed I know.

Anyone watch the Nicopro Devitt interview?

It is very stop start due to questions and answers being translated. There's almost too much to mention in terms of highlights in the second video which Alan posted. From not rating Nakamura and Suzuki (two the most dangerous people in Wrestling) as shooters while having this amazing look on his face to "shooting" on Japanese press coverage of gaijins (foreigners) to him suggesting new members of The Bullet Club and how he would rank them in the group. As well as tiny things like playing off his real life failure in attempting to learn Japanese as well as his diet.

The most universal clip I can point to is the 32:45 mark on. When he gets asked about foreign Wrestlers joining the bullet club and then how he would line them up in the pecking order. Great bit of lunacy and childlike imagination:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9AYn__iW0fk

Love the
    lazy generalisation Devitt's character makes about Tama Tonga being the Rock's friend just because they come from The Islands.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Anyone watch the Nicopro Devitt interview?

It is very stop start due to questions and answers being translated. There's almost too much to mention in terms of highlights in the second video which Alan posted. From not rating Nakamura and Suzuki (two the most dangerous people in Wrestling) as shooters while having this amazing look on his face to "shooting" on Japanese press coverage of gaijins (foreigners) to him suggesting new members of The Bullet Club and how he would rank them in the group. As well as tiny things like playing off his real life failure in attempting to learn Japanese as well as his diet.

The most universal clip I can point to is the 32:45 mark on. When he gets asked about foreign Wrestlers joining the bullet club and then how he would line them up in the pecking order. Great bit of lunacy and childlike imagination:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9AYn__iW0fk

Love the
    lazy generalisation Devitt's character makes about Tama Tonga being the Rock's friend just because they come from The Islands.
    Watched it when you posted the link very entertaining can't wait for him and Tanahashi then Okada should be two great matches,and for anyone who wanted to see him in the finals of the bosj the show is avaiable now on ivp http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=10608.

Advertisement