Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coupe Part

• 19-07-2009 6:20pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 265 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi All,

Was looking at a few Hyundai Coupes over the weekend and noticed that one of them had a part that wasn't plugged in.. This part in particular..

photo.jpg

When I asked I was told it was unplugged while the car was sitting up and was common practice. Is this true and if not what part is it and is it something I should worry about?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

looks like an ABS controller. unusual to plug that out without having a good reason

avoid. what year are you looking at?

ah there are tonnes of them out there. try and get one with service history and a proper warranty. avoid anything that's been modified or not in mint condition.

2.0 not worth getting over 1.6

electric blue/red/silver/black the easier colours to sell on.

navy blue/olive green are not too desirable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Make sure the sunroof works properly too, the motor on them is well known for giving problems.

while we're at that, make sure the remote locking works. walk/run away if it doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,546 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Looks very dodgy. I would challenge them on that one. That appears to be a blatant attempt to sell a defective car & telling you stupid lies only proves the point

no, they're reliable. just have a few minor things that are easy to spot. they're a lot more trouble free than anything European.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭meesa

betafrog wrote: »
    Are these cars prone to a few issues then? Getting a sense they may not be the most reliable...

They seem to be reliable but apparently they are quite heavy on petrol and not exactly quick.
    I was thinking of buying one earlier and just couldn`t live with the `girly` ` hairdressers` image.......thats assuming you are a guy.
    I have to say they do look nice though. :D.

Advertisement