Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Writer prob

• 19-07-2009 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭

Have just swapped over my DVD writer and the computer is giving a message saying "disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter"

What is going on and what do I have to do to sort it????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

sounds like a bios boot order issue. Can you go into the bios as the computer boots up, go to boot order and make sure that it reads something like this

cd-drive, hard disk, other
    or
    hard disk, other, other

should resolve your problem. if not check to make sure you haven't unplugged your hard disk by mistake, or unseated the connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Checked all connections and they are all solid. Also it wont really let me go into bios. When I click the tab key to pull it up, it just goes straight to the screen giving the original fault???

Should I go into the "set up" screen instead?

Actually it is letting me in to bios now. Think I needed to be quicker on the button. Unfortuneatly it seems to recognise all the drives including the new one, but it is still giving the original error message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Check your jumper setting on the new drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

He was saying check the boot order not if it recongises it.
    You can actually set in the bios to boot , hard drive, cd/dvd drive or floppy and in which order
    you want the hard drive first obviously

• Advertisement

cheers all. off out but will try sort tommorrow

Advertisement