Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XGC Meet Up Name Discussion

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

mr_kyle wrote: »
    We have had people from Manchester and Newcastle over. But I do not name the event UK ranking battle, because thats what the guys at Neo Empire do.

I suppose thats a good point. Calling it Dublin because its where its held is also a good point.

Should we put that name to a vote? I like it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'd avoid using the boards.ie name for another reason - it's not just limited to boardsies. If you include it, people may feel that it's just for that group. And some of the NeoEmpire guys use their own thread to register...

You COULD use the XGC name if they were to give ye perks for that usage - cheaper / free consoles, other supplies, etc. Ye've given them a fair bit of business so far and I can only imagine that increasing. Only problem is then if ye decide to host it somewhere else (depending on contracts...well, just in case :D)

Dublin Ranking Battles is nice and simple. Once people cop that it's for anyone who shows up rather than just Dubs.....

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

slow day in work... here are some sigs you could use as a logo for whatever name you choose.

EDIT: Why not call it RoI Ranking Battles? In case it ever moves outside of Dublin.

85499.gif

85500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ah, but we have the lads from Belfast coming down to show us how to play properly, so that wouldn't work fully now.

Also, putting Ken in a logo is possibly a violation of copyright.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ah, but we have the lads from Belfast coming down to show us how to play properly, so that wouldn't work fully now.

Also, putting Ken in a logo is possibly a violation of copyright.

As long as no one is making money off it, I don't think it'd be an issue.

I'll knock together a b/w drawing if we need a mascot... wouldn't be the first time:

picture.php?albumid=62&pictureid=341

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,614 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd prefer Dan in the logo.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I'd prefer Retr0gamer as Sakura in the logo! :pac:

Azza wrote: »
    I'd prefer Retr0gamer as Sakura in the logo! :pac:

I'd prefer if you never reminded me of that again...

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Yeah but I thought we where naming it based on it's hosted location. So a logo with the colours of that location would be the same thing. All of the official "National" US sports feature a logo with the colours of the American flag in it, regardless of the nationality of the players that participate in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Dan giving his thumbs up, wearing a green and orange suit with a white belt... that would be awesome!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

blag wrote: »
    I think you meant Boards.ie Irish Super Occasion of National With Instant Ninja Surprise

At least mine makes sense!

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Dan giving his thumbs up, wearing a green and orange suit with a white belt... that would be awesome!!

85509.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

^ It really is a thing of beauty :D

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Nice thats the logo pic taken care of. The name is still up for discussion.

And Creature, Blags name made perfect sense. You got owned you no showing noob!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Republic of Ireland ranking battles.

Or simply Street Fighter IV ranking battles.

Boards.ie or XGC are no nos, partly because of copyright but more so because it has nothing to do with them

Dublin is a bit narrow, plenty of us aren't dubs...and its not like there are other ones going on.

To have a proper name you'd need a proper website imo.

Or you could hook up with neo empire and try be their ROI wing...

also avoid flags for logos.... A name or word logo is much more desirable
    like evo's which is very simple.
    http://evo2k.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Republic of Ireland ranking battles.

This make the most sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Or to simplify it more, how about just Eire Ranking Battles or how about Phog ma thon ranking battles :P

Hi guys,

Could you please continue this discussion here. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement