Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from AH for pointing out homophobia

Options
  • 19-07-2009 6:52pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I wish to make a complaint about a moderator on AH who in my opinion is biased against gay men and is unfit to be a moderator. I am a longstanding moderator myself on Gaire and I am aware of what differentiates abuse from a vaild comment of another poster's vile homophobia.

I am alo aware that I am not the only gay poster on Boards.ie to complain about this particular moderator.

I have been banned from the After Hours forum for allegedly posting "personal abuse" whereas I only simply pointed out that another poster was being grossly homophobic and bigoted.

I don't consider a rebuttal to rank homophobia to be personal abuse and indeed I think there might be a bias against gays by the moderator(s) in AH which frankly is disgusting and wrong.

What makes me very angry is that I myself am a moderator on Gaire, and I know the difference between abusive posting on message boards and pointing out bigotry by other posters.

Has anyone else here been banned from AH for the same reason? Is there a procedure to make a complaint to boards.ie about the moderating policy on After Hours?

I think it's not just unfair but unacceptable.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I know of no mod in AH who is homophobic.

Could you please provide me links to what you are talking about?

We prefer on this site, that you report a post that you have a problem with instead of engaging in personal abuse.

Advertisement