Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT broadband

Options
  • 19-07-2009 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭

I have BT broadband and have been experiencing some problem over the past 6 months. My signal completely drops out and the only way I can get it back is to turn the router off and back on again. Sometimes this doesn't work either. The signal only goes for a few minutes at a time. I checked the router and it seems fine as I put a new one in last week and the problem still persists. Any suggestions? Should I contact BT? Just dreading the incompetent phone assistance.
    Also as I never use my landline I was wondering which is the best provider for broadband only? I am spending €48 per month and only use the broadband, so paying for calls I dont use is such a waste.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Epeen

Yeah unfortunately if youre like me, ADSL is the only thing available and you need to pay the line rental. Yeah its pretty gay.

As for your problem, id definitely ring BT and note down every penny you spend on the calls. Then when it sinks in that the problem is their side (probably stemming from eircom) you can claim the cost of the calls back. Or at least compensation.

Dont get put off by **** robots on the phone or idiots telling you to turn the computer on and off. Be stubborn and dont let them close your ticket until youre satisfied.

Advertisement