Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting out car space - a few Q's?

Options
  • 19-07-2009 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm planning on renting out my car space in the city centre. Can anyone advise on a few questions?

1. Is a formal lease expected, or can I just say its a certain amount a month cash in hand?
    2. What ID etc. should I be asking for?
    3. Is there tax implications to the income?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,400 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are some agencies that handle stuff like this. They'll have leases, procedures, etc. in place.
    Ares wrote: »
    1. Is a formal lease expected, or can I just say its a certain amount a month cash in hand?
    Well what happens if there is, say, a fire? Who's responsible? A lease would be handy is such a case.
    2. What ID etc. should I be asking for?
    thats really for you to decide, depending on the type of property. there is only so much that can go wrong.
    3. Is there tax implications to the income?
    You just declare it at the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Are you in an apartment development. If so your lease won't allow you to rent the space out and your tenant may get clamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

athtrasna wrote: »
    Are you in an apartment development. If so your lease won't allow you to rent the space out and your tenant may get clamped.
    That depends on what the residents have agreed with the clamping company, plenty of places do allow the spaces to be sublet (though i wouldn't agree with it myself if i lived in such a place - wouldn't want people coming and going from the carpark if they're not residents)

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Lease doesnt mention it, but there are a lot being rented out in my building(3 currently on daft).
    Anyone know where I could get a sample lease as i've no idea how it should look?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jmcg2011

• Advertisement
Advertisement