Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical products' Warranties? Broken Camera

Options
  • 19-07-2009 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hey all,
    Ok, My girlfriends Kodak camera just broke and had not been dropped,gotten wet, or treated badly in any way.
    She only bought the camera 4 months ago from argos but did not pay for any extra coverage.
    She still has the receipt and all of the original packaging.

My question is what should she do? Is there any law that holds the manufacturer or retailer responsible for selling a product that breaks after just 4 months when it isnt the consumers fault?

Any information would be appreciated so thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dubVdub

Bring camera and receipt back to Argos. It does not matter if you did not purchase extra cover, they should still offer to fix/replace it. You should check the consumer rights sticky on this forum, the retailer has a responsibility to fix/replace a defective product.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

dubVdub wrote: »
    Bring camera and receipt back to Argos. It does not matter if you did not purchase extra cover, they should still offer to fix/replace it. You should check the consumer rights sticky on this forum, the retailer has a responsibility to fix/replace a defective product.

You have a 1yr or maybe even a 2yr manufacturers guarantee anyway, so as poster above said, off to Argos with ya. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

ok, Thats great!
    I was hoping for answers like that. Good to know it wasnt money wasted.
    Thanks for the help. We'll head to Argos soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

after 4 months argos will most likely send it back to the manufacturer for repair which should take no longer than a few weeks and any repair made should be permenant.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You are entitled to a refund, repair or replacement - but this is at the retailer's discretion. Argos are your point of contact here, as you purchased the camera from them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The majority of Argos stores will just replace it for you on the spot. I've had items replaced and refunded even after 8-10 months had passed.

Argos are one of the few shops that don't quibble over returns. The only problem you'll have is if 12 months have passed, then they start to get cagey on their responsibilities.

Advertisement