Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer wont show post

Options
  • 19-07-2009 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

I recently built my new computer. When I switch on the power the fans work on the case, the cpu cooler works as well as the leds on the mobo and the fan plus led on the Graphics card-Sapphire radeon HD 4890 Vapor-x edition. The problem I am faced with is that the computer seems to be functioning fine except the monitor wont display the post or anything.

I have looked over connections, made sure everything was fully connected and I even took out two of the three ddr3 sticks of ram to see if that would make any difference. None of which worked.

The system specs are: mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD4P
    Intel i7 920,
    Corsair DDR3 6gb 1600mhz,
    Corsair TX 850w power supply.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

are you getting any error beeps (assuming you have a speaker connected) or led error codes on the board (if equipped)?

Can you confirm that the monitor is working? Does it display the test signal when unpluged from the graphics card? Have you do the basics like reseated the graphics card?

Just some things to start :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

And try a different cable and/or switch from DVI to VGA and vice-versa and see if you suddenly get the display back up...

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Darkphenom

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    are you getting any error beeps (assuming you have a speaker connected) or led error codes on the board (if equipped)?

Can you confirm that the monitor is working? Does it display the test signal when unpluged from the graphics card? Have you do the basics like reseated the graphics card?

Just some things to start :)

Im not getting error beeps - the speaker is connected to the rear i/o panel although im not sure if this will work or if some kind of internal connection is necessary. In relation to the monitor it has worked fine for a long time and It has been working this morning on my functioning computer it is on standby and does show a test signal message.

I have tried reseating the graphics card but that wont work but I will try putting it into the second slot later if I cant find another solution.

Solitaire wrote: »
    And try a different cable and/or switch from DVI to VGA and vice-versa and see if you suddenly get the display back up...

I have tried this but still the monitor shows nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

If I were you I'd make sure that the cpu was seated properly. Id take the cpu out and check pins, just to make sure.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement

kenon wrote: »
    If I were you I'd make sure that the cpu was seated properly. Id take the cpu out and check pins, just to make sure.

I was definitely sure when I put the cpu in that it was seated properly and secure - would the computer fail to show post on the screen without it?

The PC wont post without a CPU.

You should have no harddrives connected, one stick of RAM, no cd/dvd, use internal graphics if your mobo has it so you can just to eliminate stuff.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

I later found that I installed the memory into the wrong slots :o
    Everythings ok for now thanks to everyone who helped!:D

Thats a lot better than what I thought it was going to be, I was expecting you to come back and say you broke a pin on your cpu... that wouldn't of been good!

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

Advertisement