Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Sale

Options
  • 19-07-2009 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Picked up a few things in the Next Sale today. One of the items was priced at 21 euro and marked down to 12. However I noticed that the receipt had the full price when I queried this wih the assistant she said that the top was marked down by mistake.

Are Next wtihin their right to charge the full price event hought the top was clearly marked down and with other sale items

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Usually if the sale price is written onto the item or the sale swing tag is attached to the item with the lower price they will honor the lower price even thought they don't have to.

You can just return the item and get a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Yes, they are entitled to charge the full price for the top. They pointed out the pricing error before you paid for the item, so you either had the option of paying the higher price they claim to be correct, or walk away.

As wmpdd3 says though, quite a number of shops will honour the lower, incorrect price to avoid hassle and to gain a satisfied customer. But they don't have to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

i know our rule is, if more than one of the item is mis-priced then we honour the lower price. you have to allow for human error.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

johnny10 wrote: »
    Are Next wtihin their right to charge the full price event hought the top was clearly marked down and with other sale items

In short, yes. Prices in shops constitute an "Invitation to Treat" - a topic that comes up here often.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

i know our rule is, if more than one of the item is mis-priced then we honour the lower price. you have to allow for human error.

isn't it funny how almost all of the time human error results in the customer paying more;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement