Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DNS problems with BT

Options
  • 19-07-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone having extreme DNS problems with BT today?

Only boards.ie and ebay.ie will load for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

nope, no problem here on BT in waterford anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Then change to opendns, jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

my website has vanished today using UPC DNS servers.
    I changed to OpenDNS and its back. I could not even ping it using the "obtain DNS servers automatically" option on the router as they were obviously using UPC/NTL DNS that is having issues or has been compromised.
    Could not find address or resolve target. I thought the domain had been unregistered or something, but I realised it be seen by a friend in the UK. so I knew it was DNS issues.
    Anyway, given that the Irish DNS servers are having severe difficulties this month, I highly recommend switching to OpenDNS. They are faster and more reliable than an ISP DNS server.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Don't know about DNS (not that technically astute) but I have been having very slow to no connection since last weekend. Been on the phone to BT on Mon and Tues, they were very helpful but ultimately unsuccessful, and had a reasonable connection for a while on Wednesday night and it has been cr*p ever since. Now very p*ssed off.
    On the Voyager connection manager the following fail:

Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping : FAIL

What is this?

I'm also getting "Test your Ethernet Connection: Down" which seems odd as I do have some sort of connection.

Occasionally I have "Ping default gateway: FAIL"

Don't know what to do now and very hacked off paying for something that I am not receiving.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

CutzEr wrote: »
    Then change to opendns, jesus.

Mind the attitude not everyone is an internet expert, most of us just expect to turn on and use, not an unreasonable expectation in the 21st century, and it is after all what we are paying for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement