Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Sidebar just dissapeared

• 19-07-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

I think it coincided with me uninstalling Norton from the PC (found a link somewhere on this forum where you also delete some sort of Norton Key or somethinganother!).

Did the search for Sidebar and I get "the specified path does not exist" when I click on it.

Its as if Sidebar has been deleted from my PC (although I read somewhere that it cant be when installed with Vista (I have home edition).

Tried another suggestion :

The procedure is very much the same as you tried for the other files:
    1) Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, right-click Command Prompt and
    select "Run as administrator".
    2) From the elevated command prompt, type:
    regsvr32 msxml3.dll and press Enter
    regsvr32 scrrun.dll and press Enter
    regsvr32 jscript.dll and press Enter

That didnt work (they all succeeded).

Tried this:

1. Click Start , enter regedit.exe in vista search scatch pad
    2. choose Continue
    3. in the register base look for :
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ Windows\Sidebar

4. in the rigth area double click on TurnOffSidebar erase value (result will be zero).
    5. close regedit , restart , that's it

That didnt work as on the 4th part there was no turnoff sidebar icon!

Lastly I tried:

1. Right click on Command Prompt and click Run as Administrator
    2. CD C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar
    3. Run these commands in this order:
    1. regsvr32 -u sbdrop.dll
    2. regsvr32 -u wlsrvc.dll
    3. regsvr32 atl.dll
    4. regsvr32 sbdrop.dll
    5. regsvr32 wlsrvc.dll

After I did number 2 the following promt came up "the system cannot find the file specified".

After running command 1, 2, 4, 5 I got :

"The module "Sbdrop.dll" failed to load"

Im not a pc tech so dont really know if the sidebar is still on the system or deleted or what. .

Advertisement