Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bangers n mash in Dublin

Options
  • 19-07-2009 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Humour me on this.... I am a simple culchie :(

I have hid behind the veneer of a well educated and respectable townie but I love my basic foods. I have eaten in some of the best restaurants about due to work and poked but still enjoyed a piece of white pudding with a dollop of hollandaise sauce on it as a fancy starter but no matter where I am brought if I see Bangers n Mash on the menu I just have to order it :(

I can't help myself!

It is like some sort of OCD. I say no in my head and that I will go for something new or something very tasty but alas I just have to try it everywhere that I see it once.

At this point in Dublin I hold The bank pub on collage green as having the best bangers n mash around. It was even better when it was mash with bacon bits in it but that was the past. It is still the best I have tasted followed a close second by Ashtons pub in Clonskeagh when they used to do it with a gravy with a mustard bite but I think since they changed the menu it is no longer available.

Anyone recommend some new places for me? I can't keep going back to the Bank once a month as a treat. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭k8bcly

the boxty house in temple bar in dublin!!! best bangers and mash ever!!!
    i am a pure and utter culshie and have only been to dublin once and loved it! went there nearly every night!! the best ever!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Nisroc

k8bcly wrote: »
    the boxty house in temple bar in dublin!!! best bangers and mash ever!!!!

A review will be done in the near to medium future :) Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭k8bcly

Nisroc wrote: »
    A review will be done in the near to medium future :) Cheers!

cool cool let me no how it goes!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Nisroc wrote: »
    I have hid behind the veneer of a well educated and respectable townie but I love my basic foods.

Basic, simple foods are the new haute cuisine don't you know? :D

I know The Schoolhouse on Northumberland Road used to do a smashing bangers'n'mash with string onions. Don't know if they still do it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,444 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

BANG Cafe off Stephens green have them listed as their signiture dish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Porterhouse North in Phibsboro does a great bangers and mash in a yorkshire pud. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭mobby

Ryan's Parkgate St. plus a great pint of black stuff to wash it down. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the mv cill airne on the liffey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

gruel - do lovely bangers and mash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 pattimlin

was at a wedding in the Schoolhouse recently, and yes they still do Bangers n Mash. Was great for killin the hangover next day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 deluckyirish

i agree.
    my fav food. a real treat for me and yes i know thats sad also.

recently had bangers and mash with some clonakilty white pudding mixed thru served with stir fried green beans and onions. (in cruso's malahide)

a posh derivitive on a true classic maybe is just brings back fond childhood family dinner memories building potatoe volcanoes with sausage cars lol.
    good thread made me laugh!!!

Advertisement