Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predator 3 / Predators (epic merge)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i just think too much revealing of the predators ruin the suspension too much, remember we can see no sh!t in predator 1 untill annie own him in the end! i prefer the way they make the old movies, let our imagination do some job, seeing predators in a wrestling game are not sexy :pac:

overall it is worty to carry the Predator name in its title.obviously unlike Predator1 which is still an incredibly awesome movie in today eyes.

i was abit late to get into the cinema, i started to watch from the moment
    they open an empty cage,found blood inside
    , anyone can tell me what did i miss?:p did they tell us how/why did they were chosen for the game??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I had recently seen Predator 1 again.

Then I went to see Predators.

I thought it was decent enough but looked like they went cheap on the predators themselves. Something about the faces didn't feel as right as pred 1.

The only other gripe I had was the female sniper. She really didn't seem well trained. I saw an old episode of CSI Miami a while back which seemed to put more effort into a sniper than this film did.

I liked the film overall.

On the way out, I wondered if they took Predator 2 on board or was this a direct Predator 1 -> Predators film ignoring pred 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Original Star wars - all 3 of them - good

-substantial number dont like return of the jedi (mostly because of those ewoks)
    Original Indiana Jones - all 3 of them - good

Temple of Doom has a substantial bit of hate, just read the crystal skull thread and you'll spot littered in the raped childhood comments a fair few *not as bad as doom* comments

Original Aliens films - all 3 of them - good

Yeah...Alien 3 is loathed by alot of people (though personnally I like it) and it was only the extended cut on the dvd that warmed people up to it.[/quote]

Not saying I disliked these films, but there is not as much universal love for all the films in those trilogies as you think.
    Did anyone else think that the Spanish woman in "Predators" might be related to Anna, the Spanish woman in "Predator" who was taken captive my dutch and his team?

except she isnt spanish...The 'spanish' woman in predators is actually an Isreali Defence Force sniper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    except she isnt spanish...The 'spanish' woman in predators is actually an Isreali Defence Force sniper.

Also the women in the first Predator wasn't Spanish either, she was Guatemalan ;)

Which brings me to another issue I have with Predators:
    The Predator only kills people with weapons in the first movie, hence why Arnie kicks the machine gun out of the Guatemalan women's hands in the first one and tells her to get to the chopper. So why did it want to kill the doctor and death row inmate as they were both unarmed (apart from a prison shank and a surgeons scalpel). I actually thought when the death row guy asked for a gun it was going to be part of the plot where he survives longer because he was unarmed........but that wasn't the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 40 pr0

Raekwon wrote: »
    Also the women in the first Predator wasn't Spanish either, she was Guatemalan ;)

Which brings me to another issue I have with Predators:
    The Predator only kills people with weapons in the first movie, hence why Arnie kicks the machine gun out of the Guatemalan women's hands in the first one and tells her to get to the chopper. So why did it want to kill the doctor and death row inmate as they were both unarmed (apart from a prison shank and a surgeons scalpel). I actually thought when the death row guy asked for a gun it was going to be part of the plot where he survives longer because he was unarmed........but that wasn't the case.

That was dutch's theory
    but even when he was the last guy left and had no gun the pred was shooting everything in sight. Remember it goes nuts and starts lasering the whole area around the river.

• Advertisement

pr0 wrote: »
    That was dutch's theory
    but even when he was the last guy left and had no gun the pred was shooting everything in sight. Remember it goes nuts and starts lasering the whole area around the river.

Hmmm I'm not so sure, IMO:
    The Predator had already chosen his hunting targets who had engaged in combat with him already and Dutch was obviously one of them. So when he was at the river he couldn't see Dutch because he was covered in mud but his body heat sensor picked up movement (which happened to be a rat) which he fired at then proceeded to go nuts for a few minutes because he thought Dutch had vanished into thin air.

But in fairness Predator 2 seemed to scrap this idea as the Predator killed the two unarmed gang leaders so that he could get a feud going between them and have an orgy of hunting for himself. Actually Predator 2 was pretty ridiculous come to think of it :p

And hence why I liked predators more than 2 and all the 2 fanboys can shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

But in fairness Predator 2 seemed to scrap this idea as the Predator killed the two unarmed gang leaders so that he could get a feud going between them and have an orgy of hunting for himself. Actually Predator 2 was pretty ridiculous come to think of it :p

???

Why do I keep getting the feeling I have seen different films to everyone else
    Predator 2 more so then predator 1 enforces the idea that the predator does not kill unarmed people, it lets the hooker live in the scene where it kills the gang that sacrifice one of the other gang's leaders, it lets the kid with the plastic toy gun live and it lets the cheap vasquez knock off live cause she was pregnent. This is a constent through all the films, even AVP with bishop being let go cause he was sick. But the rules drop if you show you still can fight, hence why the convict was killed in predators, king willie is killed in predator 2 (he pulls out the swords) and bishop was killed in AVP. the doctor is the only exception, but the way the pred killed him, it looked more like he was putting him down rather then killing him as a trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Raekwon wrote: »
    Hmmm I'm not so sure, IMO:
    The Predator had already chosen his hunting targets who had engaged in combat with him already and Dutch was obviously one of them. So when he was at the river he couldn't see Dutch because he was covered in mud but his body heat sensor picked up movement (which happened to be a rat) which he fired at then proceeded to go nuts for a few minutes because he thought Dutch had vanished into thin air.

It may be because in it Lawrence Fishburnes character said the "Classic" predator and the "Super" predators are fighting each other because the super predators are more agressive and refuse to follow the rules of the predator race. That is why then the doctor is paralyzed and lying face-down even though the super predator doesn't see a weapon he still stabs him through the back. and when Aidren Brody releases the classic predator the trys to get them off the planet and defends them. They follow a code of honour

so basically.....
    these "super predators" are more savage and blood thirsty than the originals

I agree and also lets just say that they only kill people who they think are worthy trophys ,
    exception being if an unworthy trophy fights back. Killing a kid or some crackhead is not a worthy trophy.

• Advertisement

Predator 2 more so then predator 1 enforces the idea that the predator does not kill unarmed people, it lets the hooker live in the scene where it kills the gang that sacrifice one of the other gang's leaders, it lets the kid with the plastic toy gun live and it lets the cheap vasquez knock off live cause she was pregnent. This is a constent through all the films, even AVP with bishop being let go cause he was sick. But the rules drop if you show you still can fight, hence why the convict was killed in predators, king willie is killed in predator 2 (he pulls out the swords) and bishop was killed in AVP. the doctor is the only exception, but the way the pred killed him, it looked more like he was putting him down rather then killing him as a trophy.

Well I haven't seen Predator 2 in ages, so had more of a rough idea about him killing unarmed people then the finer details, but you answered my question so thank you.
    Still it would have been better to give the doctor a hand gun or something IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

???

Why do I keep getting the feeling I have seen different films to everyone else

I agree with the point about
    him putting the Doctor down more so than actually killing him. He also could have been purposely trying to spring a trap since the Predator's used the same method near the begining of the movie.

I was going to argue that The Predator tries to kill the doctor when he gets seperated from the group in Nolands hide out but the more I think about it the Predator didn't make a significant attempt to kill him so maybe they do follow the code.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't think it tried to kill him at all, he threw the flair, it was just standing there, it would kill him if it wanted. It just half heartedly followed. Might also just have wanted to use him to find the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

going back to the season thing, who is to say that they were even the first people dropped off that season as they find the body of the spec ops guy who laid the traps and had been dead for 2 weeks

It was great to see Royce using the AA-12 automatic shotgun in this, next to the mini-gun it is one of the best room emptiers :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,497 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Goddamnit, I gotta see this movie pronto - I keep coming back to this thread & all I see is a big wall of greyed out text. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Brendog wrote: »
    It may be because in it Lawrence Fishburnes character said the "Classic" predator and the "Super" predators are fighting each other because the super predators are more agressive and refuse to follow the rules of the predator race. That is why then the doctor is paralyzed and lying face-down even though the super predator doesn't see a weapon he still stabs him through the back. and when Aidren Brody releases the classic predator the trys to get them off the planet and defends them. They follow a code of honour

so basically.....
    these "super predators" are more savage and blood thirsty than the originals

OMG OMG OMG OMG!
    Predator V Predator

Going to see it on wednesday cant wait!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

What was even the point of the
    predator v predator
    sub-plot? It serves no purpose in the film (unless it's there to as canon for sequels)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Brendog wrote: »
    woo! 300th post

227 by my count :confused:
    What was even the point of the
    predator v predator
    sub-plot? It serves no purpose in the film (unless it's there to as canon for sequels)

Well it did give them
    a potential means of getting off the planet. ie: Brody's deal with the captive Pred

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I was really looking forward to seeing it but left then cinema really disappointed. For me it just never got out of third gear.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I thought when he poked the dr in the back he was checking to see if he was still alive or playing possum, he doesn't kill him he flips him over and kaboom!

Slight quick off topic Predator on in the Screen cinema in dublin tonight half 8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

25 million opening weekend in the US is this good or bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭FishFood

It may have already been mentioned but does anybody else think that they should simply follow the format of the first two predator films in that they should only have one predator in these films. I just think that it start to lose something when you have more then one of them onscreen, as in you know that if theres 3 that at least 2 of them will die, and therefore it loses the menace of having this seemingly unstoppable hunter after you.Would it not have been a far simpler but better storyline if you dropped the humans on to the reserve and had one predator after them but also various other aliens/prey around to complicate the hunt for both parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

went to see this today and i have to say...

...its crap.

first film in ages where i went "god when is it going to END ?"

I actually enjoyed clash of the titans more than this. really really disapointed and the end was a cop out screaming for a sequel if i ever saw one.

do yourself a favour and just rent the original. you get pretty much the same with a better ending.

i was really looking forward to this one and all but it turned out to be one big massive "meh".

nothing to do with the actors or effects i might add, just the script and general direction. you could easilly knock off a good 40 minutes to get a tighter film.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Got back from this and I enjoyed it. It's not remarkable but it's easily the best one after Predator 1.

Some of the homages were getting a bit too much
    Right down to Brody using Arnie's dialogue: "Come on kill me........do it........do it now!! Kill me!!

Rodriguez said this was neither a sequel nor a reboot................heh, that's exactly what this film was. It was essentially the 1st movie with a few bits added on.

The actors and the action were good
    Brody was good, though his character knowing absolutely everything was a bit naff. The sword fight in the grass was definitely a highlight for the film.
    When Laurence Fishburne showed up the whole cinema erupted with laughter at the face he pulled just as he took off his helmet and said "I'm alive!"
    :pac:

I liked the film, though, it didn't piss on the franchise and it took it seriously.

Though Topher Grace was good too I kept think to myself he'd probably shìt more of a brick if this guy showed up instead :pac:
    MY_FOOT_YOUR_ASS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

"Who are you????"
    "I'm your father. Dumbass."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just back from seeing this film. I liked it. Harmless oul bitta fun. Big guns, big explosions, savage aliens, cheesy one liners.... you get the idea.

A solid bit of popcorn entertainment and should not be taken seriously. Enjoyable!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Oh yea......
    Who else was left with a sour taste in their mouth from this not being true, marketing scum
    http://filmonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/adrien_brody_predators.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Oh yea......
    Who else was left with a sour taste in their mouth from this not being true, marketing scum
    http://filmonic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/adrien_brody_predators.jpg

Yeah!!! Me and my mates were actually discussing this just after the film and one of them was kinda pissed off about it! Can't blame him, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The sequel will be badass

alien_vs._predator.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Watched it last night.

It was ok, I felt they just picked the bits from the Predator films they liked and used....like the Predators honour seemed to missing from this film.

I mean,
    If Laurance Fishburne killed a few Predators, shouldn't he have been free to go, or dropped back to earth? Sounds stupid I know, but the Elite Predators at the end of Predator 2 gave Danny Glover a trophy for killing the predator and let him go, shouldn't Royce and co be off the hunting list now, and be allowed go too?

I suppose you could argue, the super preds have no honour, only the lesser ones seen in pred 1 & 2 and tied to the pole in predators are the ones with honour.

Anyways, Film was ok, not a patch on Pred 1 or 2, might be better on rewatching. I don't get all the hate for Predator 2, I loved it as much as Pred 1.

Advertisement