Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predator 3 / Predators (epic merge)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭ChemOC

Duggy747 wrote: »
    handshake.jpg

Nothing will ever match the awesome-ness of this :D

I could be wrong but I think that script was dismissed as fake.

"All this pencil pushing has made you weak!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

I'm instantly skeptical of this just becsue AvP 1 and 2 sucked so badly. But Brody is a decent actor and I'd like to see an Arnie cameo.

"So you cooked up a story and dropped the six of us in a meatgrinder?"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

my plot would involve the Predators in the trenches in World War 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

If somebody doesn't utter the immortal "Stick Around" line after impaling somebody with a spear in this I shall be, for want of a better word, disguistedly horrified! :D

Really looking forward to this, Rodriguez is the kind've director who really makes the films he wants to see and nothing more and he seems to be a big Predator fan. He may not be directing it but I'd imagine he'll be quite involved somewhat like Peter Jackson to Neill Blomkamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Arnie cameo could have great plot influence.

He was extracted from earth after the original, and has been surviving for some time on the hunting reserve.

Main characters stumble across him and he fills them in on some rather useful information.

Or at the end the main predator removes his mask to reveal its arnie,hunting the main cast, the greatest predator of all time, roll credits, best ending ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Eh...worst ending ever.
    Go home Doc.

Arnie has to stay out of this.
    It's not like Terminator where his face was the mould for the Terminators.
    There is no half sensible way to include Arnie in this movie.

Eh...worst ending ever.
    Go home Doc.

Arnie has to stay out of this.
    It's not like Terminator where his face was the mould for the Terminators.
    There is no half sensible way to include Arnie in this movie.

Meh. ( ending was a joke that would be terrible)

Afaik the roll for the character is there " Dutch". I doubt Arnie would do it, but it could be a decent inclusion, it doesnt necesarily need arnie on it.

If the selection for this " hunting preserve" is species that are dangerous and provide a test for a hunter, how could a guy who went toe to toe with one, not be included in the mix?

Either or, its not essential, but would be nice to see, just the character, if not Arnie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

I hope this turns around the franchise after the last two duds. Arny is too old for a cameo now. T3 was absolute ****e. Adrien brody is an interesting choice of lead.

walton_goggins.jpg

Walton goggins.

I was a huge Shield fan and this guy was just a tremendous actor, really enjoyed every moment watching him.

He has made a few side cast appearances such as the bourne identity.

Genuinely have decent enough expectations for this, then agian, if people can manage to **** up putting two of the hottest sci fi characters together having a mill, well I just loose hope sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 somuj_2

TheDoc wrote: »

Or at the end the main predator removes his mask to reveal its arnie,hunting the main cast, the greatest predator of all time, roll credits, best ending ever.

That would be fukn savage. Couldnt ask for a better ending :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭gears

Skerries wrote: »
    my plot would involve the Predators in the trenches in World War 1

I'd try sending that to Uwe Boll, it's sounds just up his street...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

TheDoc wrote: »
    If the selection for this " hunting preserve" is species that are dangerous and provide a test for a hunter, how could a guy who went toe to toe with one, not be included in the mix?

**** it, if that's the way the plot goes, I want Danny Glover!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

**** it, if that's the way the plot goes, I want Danny Glover!

Man, I'm too old for this shit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

ChemOC wrote: »
    "All this pencil pushing has made you weak!"

Think it went "What's the matter? All that pencil pushing made you weak?"

Have it on PSP for good measure as well!

Hope it's worth waiting for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Danny Trejo as Cuchillo
    Laurence Fishburne as Noland

Really, those two are savage, and no film with them in it could be TRULY terrible ('Matrix' sequels aside.....:o)

Looking forward to this now, hopefully it'll live up to my dreams of it! Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Danny Glover cameo anyone? :pac:

Frisbee wrote: »
    Danny Glover cameo anyone? :pac:

I'd rather see Bill Paxton then danny glover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Danny Trejo is a legend, fcuk Predators, where's my Machete!? :D:D

Seriously though I think we have the right people behind this film, I have every hope for this film.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Problem with the AvP franchise and what will probably mess this up as well is the constant nods to the previous films. Seems whoever is writing and directing these films forgets that you still need to bring something new and exciting as well as staying true to the original.

My prediciton is a PG13 CGI crapfest with a some or all of the following elements: a strong female secondary character, a wimpy but honest guy, a guy who goes crazy under the stress, the main character will 'earn' the respect of the Predators and of course he will be covered in mud at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Den85

handshake.jpg

Nothing will ever match the awesome-ness of this :D

I could be wrong but I think that script was dismissed as fake.

You son of a BITCH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

A sneak peek is up.
    http://www.predators-movie.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

A 4-legged type of Predator? Did I see that right??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

A 4-legged type of Predator? Did I see that right??

Not sure if you need a spoiler as it was seen clearly in the sneak peak trailer but
    It looked like a predator version of a hunting dog to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

That's right, the Predators site is up along with sneak peek footage (and commentary by Rodriquez)

The offical trailer will be released on the 18th.

I grabbed this pic from the site's background for my blog but I thought it belonged here, too :pac:

Is that the 1st Predator costume, me-thinks?
    http://yfrog.com/5ipredmj

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

More rehashed Jurassic Park sounds :P

'Meaner nastier breed of Predator"? They peddled that line with AVPR - didn't work.
    Plus Adrian Brody looks woefully miscast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sweet, looks like the B movie vibe of the AVP franchise is gone thank ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Galvasean wrote: »
    Plus Adrian Brody looks woefully miscast.

:D

I know, he looks odd running around with the guns. I hope Topher Grace isn't your usual "freak-out!!!" guy in this, he's more likeable than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

God i would love to own 1 of them AA12 Autoshot guns that he is running around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

:D

I know, he looks odd running around with the guns. I hope Topher Grace isn't your usual "freak-out!!!" guy in this, he's more likeable than that.

Nah, after being in Spiderman 3 I want to see him skinned and hung from a tree.

Why do all these movies need a feisty Vasquez style badass woman in them? Im amazed they didnt cast Michelle Rodriguez to play the feisty Mexican in this too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

krudler wrote: »
    Why do all these movies need a feisty Vasquez style badass woman in them? Im amazed they didnt cast Michelle Rodriguez to play the feisty Mexican in this too

I blame Lost. Ever since that show came along the badass Mexican style woman seems to be a staple. Always hated her character, even when i watched Lost.

Advertisement